HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm researching which RDS to buy for my USC. one of the brands I'm considering (C-More Railway) comes in both 2 and 4 MOA. I will be using it to shoot steel at 35 yds, mostly 50 yds, and sometimes
75 yds, no more than 100 yds. Which dot size would you choose.
Thanks for the advice

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
The 4 moa dot would probably be a little crisper and easier to see, the 2 MOA would be better for longer ranges, but Since your max is 100 yards, the 4moa would probably appear to be a little more circular and easier to use. (sometimes smaller dots can egg out or deform due to imperfections in your eyes) and the bigger dot will be less prone to that.

ETA

I have an Aimpoint Micro on mine with the 3.4moa dot and I've never had any trouble hitting anything I was shooting at, so I don't think the 4moa dot would limit your accuracy.

·
Registered
422 Posts
4 MOA dots work well on SMG type rifles. 4MOA should have quicker target aqusition. Usually a good bet it to site it in at 50 yards and make minor corrections for anything closer or further..

I always feel that 2 MOA dots are designed for rifle caliber battle rifles, but look at Eotech, 1 MOA center circle and a 65 MOA outer circle.

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
To be completely honest, it really doesn't matter. Your adjustment of the brightness setting is more critical than the dot size.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Being that it's a pistol caliber, the either or may be your best choice since it's not going to be shooting anything far. I have a Vortex SPARC on my USC and although it may sit a little high, it's still comfortable shooting using that sight. The red dot is 2MOA on it, and it comes with a magnification piece you can use (I haven't since I don't think I'd need any zoom shooting pistol ammo).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts