HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been shooting IPSC and IDPA "limited 10/major" with my H K USP/40 and love the gun.

My first USP .40 (bought used from a friend) came with several LEO mags, 3 standard 13rnd mags, 1 extended (+3 to 16) mag and two 10 rnd mags. I now want to shoot "Limited" and cannot find more of the +3 extenders. That is 16 in the mag on every reload! The one I have has no mfg markings - only "H K USP TYPE" [then - in small characters] "9mm / S W .40" It looks a lot like some of the +2 or 3 Glock extenders I see across the net but I cannot find them for H K. I have been Googling it for a few days with no luck.

Does anybody know where to get more of these or similar??

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx 2020

I hear that Jet mags work [but stick out] on "non jet funnel" USPs but only hold 15. The extension I have actually holds and feeds 16!

Am I wrong on the "Jet mags" capacity?

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
You heard wrong. The white mags .40 fully hold 16 rounds and the 9mm hold 18 rounds, thats 17 and 19 with one up the pipe. I have both calibers and all of my white mags hold the full amount.
Without the JF on the pistol the white mags stick out about a half inch but you can still use standard mags. The JF being on the pistol only makes the white mags fit flush, but with the JF installed you cannot use the lesser capacity mags.

Here is a link to +2 mag bases:+2
These will fit normal full caps but I don't think they will fit the white mags.

·
Registered
143 Posts
If you shoot Limited go ahead and get the funnel. It makes mag changes even faster and the mags fit just fine.

I shoot L10 with my .40 Custom Combat w/ the jet funnel. I load the 16 round mags to 10.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NetJunkie

Thanx but I think I will hold off on the Jet Funnel Conversion. I like my USPs just as they are. I carry concealed a lot. A shorter grip is "less print" (even in one of my concealment holsters) ......

I checked out the JF mags and their "clones" FS on this site. They go kinda cheap compared to the $25 extensions. They say "15 round." If I knew they held 16, I would have just bought them. I might just go that way for IDPA/IPSC competition. They will look more streamlined in my new very cool triple maxi-mag pouches.

I haven't measured (or gotten my hands on) the JF mags but the one +2 extension comes out to 130mm tall and 135mm measured from back [spine] to top (and tip of bullet). I just keep thinkin' if a Glock 34 holds 19 .40 cal. rounds - H K should be able to do at least as well in the 140mm test.........

I suspect I'm "preachin' to the choir" here but I'm new to your group and just looking around for info. The more I know; the better gear I buy! When you are measured in 100ths of a second - more bullets per mag / less mag changes are always better!

·
Registered
143 Posts
FYI, the mag funnel is easily removable so you can use it for competition and remove it for carry. Save ya some 1/100ths. :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Well, Glock brand Glock .40 +2 extensions mostly fit. After installing that and trimming the "tail" on the follower (I discovered the followers on 10-rd mags are the same, so I didn't have to cut up a $60 mag) I'm getting 18 rounds in the mags easy (a bit more trimming and 19 might be possible), and they're about 3mm shy of the 140mm limit. I don't know yet how well the gun will work with the stock mag spring, or if the tail trimmed on the follower will be reliable or if the extension will pop off every time it's dropped...

I'll post full pics and a how-to in another thread if/when I get these tested and working correctly.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, Glock brand Glock .40 +2 extensions mostly fit. After installing that and trimming the "tail" on the follower (I discovered the followers on 10-rd mags are the same, so I didn't have to cut up a $60 mag) I'm getting 18 rounds in the mags easy (a bit more trimming and 19 might be possible), and they're about 3mm shy of the 140mm limit. I don't know yet how well the gun will work with the stock mag spring, or if the tail trimmed on the follower will be reliable or if the extension will pop off every time it's dropped...

I'll post full pics and a how-to in another thread if/when I get these tested and working correctly.
While I was searching Google I found Glock +2s as cheap as $4.99! Not only does your project sound like a great solution; it can be downright painless. I'll look forward to your follow-up.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanx Big Bore

The ones from your link at Enterprise Arms look almost the same as the one I "inherited." Not sold as a "kit" with follower and spring - just +2 base. Considering it is designed to fit and I don't have to jury rig a Glock base - $25 is not a bad deal. If your experimenting on a shorter follower works out +2 could be +5 lol. While you are at it, I wonder if the extension would take us over the 140mm mark on the white JF mags.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You heard wrong. The white mags .40 fully hold 16 rounds and the 9mm hold 18 rounds, thats 17 and 19 with one up the pipe. I have both calibers and all of my white mags hold the full amount.
Without the JF on the pistol the white mags stick out about a half inch but you can still use standard mags. The JF being on the pistol only makes the white mags fit flush, but with the JF installed you cannot use the lesser capacity mags.

Big Bore

I followed your link and hooked up with those guys. I even became a dealer for the HK +2 extensions to resell on my site. When I measure the standard 13 round with the extension I get 135 or 137mm (maybe I'm not measuring straight). How many mm does the jet funnet "White mags" add to the standard mag tube and will these things be "IPSC legal" (140mm) for "Limited?"

·
Registered
78 Posts
Does anyone know of someone that makes this type of extension for the 45? More specifically for the Mark 23?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
.45 extensions?

Maverick

In my quest for the .40 extensions I found nothing for the .45 - not even a Jet funnel kit. I did stumble across some 20rounders and bought two. They work great but are reallllllly long.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yeah, I had a couple 20 rounders when I had my tactical, but I don't think that they would fit my Mark 23. I carry my 23 everyday at work and I just want something to add a couple more rounds. There has to be something that can maybe be modified to fit? I've seen a few people talking about customizing Glock extension bases, would this work on the 45? I know that there are some +2 45 Glock extensions.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
When I got my Tactical I bought a Hiney tritium sight special to drill and mill a fiber optic rod into it. At the range a guy with a Mark 23 spotted my very tall fiber optic front sight so we compared them side by side. Except for the extra furniture it was nearly identical to the Tactical. It wouldn't make much sense to make model specific mags unless there are some single stack models out there.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had no idea that these extended bases existed. Do you have to get a new spring, as well, or just use the stock spring? Are they reliable? I'm intrigued now! I'm also confused about how Stellar Rigs says his mags hold 16 but the extenders are +2?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Between the regular USP 45 mag and the Mark 23 mag I believe that there are two differences. One is the base plate and I believe this would have to be modified to get a regular USP mag to fit a 23. The other is the feed lips, I believe they are slightly different on the 23 and regular USP mags aren't as reliable when used in the MK 23.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I had no idea that these extended bases existed. Do you have to get a new spring, as well, or just use the stock spring? Are they reliable? I'm intrigued now! I'm also confused about how Stellar Rigs says his mags hold 16 but the extenders are +2?
Leatherneck

I just cut the tail off the back of the follower. I haven't run it much but seems to function fine so far. I'm considering cutting more off on my belt sander because the follower is kinda tall.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ah-ha. So how about the spring? Just the stock spring from the normal cap mags, or do you need another one? Also, not to jack the thread, but do you do custom holsters? Like could I get one of those tac thigh holsters made for a USP + rail and light?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts