HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Everyone,

My name is Chris aka Addax, and I am fairly new to the HKPro forum. I am on the Calguns.net forum everyday, (I am sure there a few of my fellow Calgun forum members here too)..

I am not new to firearms, since I have been shooting from the age of 12 and collecting from the age of 18, and lets just say that I have added a couple of decades to my life since then..
I am somewhat new the the HK side of the house, and I look forward to being a part of this great forum.

What I have here is multiple questions regarding changing out parts, finding us mfg'd parts and being 922r compliant.

Please, before anyone tells me to use the Search Button, I already have and I have read a few good posts, but I am still a little confused, so I am seeking some direction in relation to my 2 rifles I recently added to my collection.

H&K SR9:
The rifle comes with the brown synthetic thumbhole stock and forend, and I would like to change these with US mfg'd Buttstock assembly (Magpul), US mfg'd wide forend with heat shield, and US mfg's Pistol grip.

Questions:

1) Which vendors are carrying US Made HK Parts for the HK91/SR9/G3 rifles other than JLD?

2) Will I need to make the whole rifle 922r compliant if I install these US mfg'd parts?

3) Is it ok to install the JLD Navy Trigger Housing / Trigger Pack clipped and pinned instead of using the original HK steel trigger housing?

Springfield Armory SAR8:
This rifle has the black thumbhole stock and wide forend, and the original steel trigger assembly housing. This is the Greek made model with the original HK style stamped steel receiver.
I want to install a new buttstock assembly (US Made G3 style), JLD Navy Trigger Assembly, and US Mfg'd Flash Hider.

Questions:

1) Will I need to make the whole rifle 922r compliant if I install these US mfg'd parts?

2) Is the fake flashhider pinned and spot welded on?

I would really appreciate some helpful feedback and advice.

Regards,
Addax

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same questions for the SR9. Did you consider it a 'build'?

Hello Everyone,

My name is Chris aka Addax, and I am fairly new to the HKPro forum. I am on the Calguns.net forum everyday, (I am sure there a few of my fellow Calgun forum members here too)..

I am not new to firearms, since I have been shooting from the age of 12 and collecting from the age of 18, and lets just say that I have added a couple of decades to my life since then..
I am somewhat new the the HK side of the house, and I look forward to being a part of this great forum.

What I have here is multiple questions regarding changing out parts, finding us mfg'd parts and being 922r compliant.

Please, before anyone tells me to use the Search Button, I already have and I have read a few good posts, but I am still a little confused, so I am seeking some direction in relation to my 2 rifles I recently added to my collection.

H&K SR9:
The rifle comes with the brown synthetic thumbhole stock and forend, and I would like to change these with US mfg'd Buttstock assembly (Magpul), US mfg'd wide forend with heat shield, and US mfg's Pistol grip.

Questions:

1) Which vendors are carrying US Made HK Parts for the HK91/SR9/G3 rifles other than JLD?

2) Will I need to make the whole rifle 922r compliant if I install these US mfg'd parts?

3) Is it ok to install the JLD Navy Trigger Housing / Trigger Pack clipped and pinned instead of using the original HK steel trigger housing?

Springfield Armory SAR8:
This rifle has the black thumbhole stock and wide forend, and the original steel trigger assembly housing. This is the Greek made model with the original HK style stamped steel receiver.
I want to install a new buttstock assembly (US Made G3 style), JLD Navy Trigger Assembly, and US Mfg'd Flash Hider.

Questions:

1) Will I need to make the whole rifle 922r compliant if I install these US mfg'd parts?

2) Is the fake flashhider pinned and spot welded on?

I would really appreciate some helpful feedback and advice.

Regards,
Addax
:62: 3 us parts in the magazine. one flash hider, one cocking lever, one stock, and one trigger make 7--right?

·
Registered
10 Posts
There are 2 styles of greek hk91 rifles. If you had a picture i could tell you if the one you had was threaded. I have had both kinds. PM me if you have other questions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts