HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
I see their 200,892 and raise to 297,000+. Funny they are posting that up now, here’s the thread from 2012 on a USP .45; granted it does say the RSA had been changed to a newer one.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
BG date code is what, 2016?

Over 40K rounds per year, five years straight, through one and the same gun? Somebody has a budget for 200K rounds but not for another gun?

I gotta know more about this story to believe it.

·
Minister of Kraut Space Magic
348 Posts
BG date code is what, 2016?

Over 40K rounds per year, five years straight, through one and the same gun? Somebody has a budget for 200K rounds but not for another gun?

I gotta know more about this story to believe it.

This pistol came in from CCI/Speer. I have no doubt that they are being true with their round count.

Cheers.

CS1

·
Registered
436 Posts
Someone sure kept a detailed shooting log.

Reactions: RetropM

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
9x19mm

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
So...just for the kids at home...
The super duper round counts are coming from the likes of Federal and CCI/Speer as probably test fixture guns in "sterile" environments. Neat, but a data point many are going to take way out of context.

I've said it before and I'll say it again user error/negligence is often the cause of a weapon's loss of serviceability. Case in point the military over-clean and improper maintenance routines.

Or anybody look at all the crumbs and fuzzies on a carry gun. I present to you a VP9 with less than 500 rounds that was turned into me by the officer leaving our dept. This accrual took place over the course of 3-4 months in a Safariland ALS :mad::

Heck, busting out rounds all day every day seems like an easier life than being a gun out in the world depending on who your owner is.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The super duper round counts are coming from the likes of Federal and CCI/Speer as probably test fixture guns in "sterile" environments. Neat, but a data point many are going to take way out of context.

I've said it before and I'll say it again user error/negligence is often the cause of a weapon's loss of serviceability. Case in point the military over-clean and improper maintenance routines.

Or anybody look at all the crumbs and fuzzies on a carry gun. I present to you a VP9 with less than 500 rounds that was turned into me by the officer leaving our dept. This accrual took place over the course of 3-4 months in a Safariland ALS :mad::

Heck, busting out rounds all day every day seems like an easier life than being a gun out in the world depending on who your owner is.
LOL. That is gross.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just buy a lightly used HK93 and shoot it to your heart's desire. No sense in buying a NIB or immaculate condition if you're going to run it in FA.

Looks better than mine. And mine goes bang every time.

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
Looks better than mine. And mine goes bang every time.
Nice username BTW...:unsure:

As I'm sure this would too...dirt, crumbs, pubes and all had I pulled the trigger (note the LCI). But why treat a gun this way if one is supposedly wagering their life on it?

The point is not "will that yellow glob of s#it shut the gun down", but oil + debris creates what is essential lapping compound. And little by little life is robbed from the gun until corrected.

People gonna do what people gonna do I guess.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts