HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Unfired CCF import from 2001 on top with a new 2012 model on the bottom. For me the Jet Funnel feels so much better to hold and balance. The new one came dripping in oil, that's what in the rear slide serrations.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
GREAT guns! Not that it makes any difference, but I prefer the older slide with the deep rollmarked HK rather than the laser-etched HK on the newer slide.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
^ I agree.

The finish is nicer on the old one but hard to describe why.

The sights are a little different, the adjustment screw is on the right side on the new one

No DE on the old slide

The grip says HK USP on the old one but only USP on the new one

.... and I ordered a Jet funnel from HKwebshop today.

·
Registered
60 Posts
GREAT guns! Not that it makes any difference, but I prefer the older slide with the deep rollmarked HK rather than the laser-etched HK on the newer slide.
I agree with you here, but either of these is damn nice. Congrats on another nice couple of HKs there Ubetit

·
HK Shooting Team
2,817 Posts
great pix! mine was dripping in oil as well.......

·
Registered
493 Posts
The small differences on the older one look better (Finish, roll marked HK logo, and JF, even though thats more than looks) but I'm still trying to get my hands on one of the newer runs.

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
Yup, you've successfully convinced me to get on the bandwagon and buy another one of these if HK imports another round of guns. My wallet thanks you very much!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm temped to post a WTT ad...

NIB BC Expert9 for a "shooter grade" Expert9 w/ modest round count and they can keep the soft case that it came in. Mine includes a JF and new magazines and is currently in transit from TX to OR - straight trade.

Will I have a taker? Gut says no...

This preference aligns with the spirit of the thread, yes? Some don't beleive in safe queens like others - to each his own and that's not knocking it either - planning to shoot the snot of an Expert9 soon regardless of date code.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm temped to post a WTT ad...

NIB BC Expert9 for a "shooter grade" Expert9 w/ modest round count and they can keep the soft case that it came in. Mine includes a JF and new magazines and is currently in transit from TX to OR - straight trade.

Will I have a taker? Gut says no...

This preference aligns with the spirit of the thread, yes? Some don't beleive in safe queens like others - to each his own and that's not knocking it either - planning to shoot the snot of an Expert9 soon regardless of date code.
Huh?

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Thanks for posting the comparison on each pistol. Mine is dated 2002 (AC) also but not a safe queen such as yours. I also noticed the older Experts have an adjustment screw on the side of the rear sight vs the no screw fixed rear sight on the newer model judging by your pic comparison. Wonder if HK will send out another batch of these or is this going to be the last final run ?

·
Premium Member
5,017 Posts
Thanks for posting the comparison on each pistol. Mine is dated 2002 (AC) also but not a safe queen such as yours. I also noticed the older Experts have an adjustment screw on the side of the rear sight vs the no screw fixed rear sight on the newer model judging by your pic comparison. Wonder if HK will send out another batch of these or is this going to be the last final run ?
There's promise, since the recent importation was due to the HK Shooting Team's request, as confirmed in another thread. USPSA has strict guidelines for firearms in the Production Division and they are 2,000 manufactured and available to the general public. No magwell attachments, and meet other restrictions based on overall dimensions, NROI approval etc. Don't know how many were originally manufactured, but I am guessing that a few more had to be produced and imported to satisfy USPSA.

The above is also why the P30LS V1's came to be, it wasn't a mistake, they had to import enough to satisfy USPSA so that an team member can use this particular setup. If you notice, the USPSA specifically bans the use of magwell's in Production Division, notice something missing in the above pics regarding the newer Experts?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The rear sight is adjustable on the new one, the screw is just on the opposite side

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
Great looking pair of Expert's you have there! gtmtnbiker98 what caliber did you order your Expert in? How are you getting those pictures? Do you have a light box lined in white paper ... what kind of camera? Wow on those...outstanding photo skills brother! =)

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
There's promise, since the recent importation was due to the HK Shooting Team's request, as confirmed in another thread. USPSA has strict guidelines for firearms in the Production Division and they are 2,000 manufactured and available to the general public. No magwell attachments, and meet other restrictions based on overall dimensions, NROI approval etc. Don't know how many were originally manufactured, but I am guessing that a few more had to be produced and imported to satisfy USPSA.

The above is also why the P30LS V1's came to be, it wasn't a mistake, they had to import enough to satisfy USPSA so that an team member can use this particular setup. If you notice, the USPSA specifically bans the use of magwell's in Production Division, notice something missing in the above pics regarding the newer Experts?
I think that's right on the money.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts