HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Arizonians, this is your neighbor from the east. I was wondering if anyone attended the 2006 SAR show in phoenix last year. Was it good? Anything I have to check out while I am there? I am thinking about going this year, trying to figure out what I might buy from there. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm planning on going this year. I want to buy stuff. Will be focusing on specialty and plinking ammo.

A few accessories for my toys...EOTech 557& ACOG

One question....are the prices at the show better than shopping on line? In my experience, gun shows have few deals and the dealers act as if their stuff is valuable, rare..one of a kind and everything you have is junk.

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Make sure you hit the SAR machine gun building.

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
The 2006 SAR show was incredible! I bought many Hk accesories at excellent prices. GM, Vector and other Hk dealers where there and their prices where well below web prices. The first building to visit is the yellow building which is where the SAR folks, manufacturers and the NFA dealers are at. I will be there early Friday morning with lots of cash.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The 05 and 06 sar shows were ok imho, there were a few ok deals but nothing spectacular, I found some polytech ak mags for a reasonable price. But ultimatly no deals on anything I was really looking for. But it's still worth going for the actual sar part of it i.e. the mg/c3 building.
Like I said imho,ymmv.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I think Shooters World is an HK dealer. or HKpro.com or Gunbroker.com It depends on what you want and how much your willing to spend. Some prices are a bit high.
I will try to find my HK needs at the SAR show Nov.30, 2007 ( friday -Sunday )

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,890 Posts
The internet has really taken the place of gun shows, when you think about it. For the longest time, gun shows made shopping for things pretty easy and fun. You get a whole bunch of dealers in one place and get to see a much wider range than you normally would. Sometimes prices were good, other times not.

The internet has become the great price equalizer, but you still don't get to see and touch what you are buying. So gun shows are still part of the scene. Shows like SAR are a different kettle of fish. Sure, there's still the price issue. But SAR shows have a much higher concentration of NFA focus. And that is fun just to ogle.

I'll be there.

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you've never been, you need to.
It's a great big toy store for great big wallets, but there's nothing else like it this side of the SHOT show.
I've been to at least 5 and honestly after a while the novelty wears off, I plan to miss this one and go shooting since all the ranges will be empty because of the show.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts