HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, as I've done more than a few times :redface: I've picked up a gun that's the same model as one I've sold in the past, then regretted it. This time it's the H&K SFP9–my new one (date coded 2016) has a few differences (I think) from the 2015 version I owned earlier. The recoil spring is much stouter–it's now amongst the strongest of all my 9mm pistols (the P7 is about the same), whereas the previous SFP9's spring was quite light. Is it possible that H&K changed the stock spring?

The other difference is the grip texture–my previous model felt a little "slippery" to me, as did the HK45s that I've owned. The new one (even though the grip pattern itself is identical) feels "grippier" to me...like the polymer itself is a different material (it looks "duller" to me). Am I out to lunch here or has anyone else noticed these differences? Has there been similar changes in the VP9? Or maybe this is an SFP9-only thing.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've noticed no difference in the polymer or the grip feel with any of the VP9 / VP40 pistols I've handled regardless of date of mfg.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
The spring I would think is just a brand new spring vs. a well worn in one. My VP9 was definitely much harder to rack 2000 rounds ago.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The spring I would think is just a brand new spring vs. a well worn in one. My VP9 was definitely much harder to rack 2000 rounds ago.
My original SFP9 was unfired when I received it so it wasn't a case of a worn out spring. I'm thinking that at some point H&K changed out the SFP9 spring for a stronger one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts