HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have close up photos of a new MP5A3? Specifically of the top rib HK logo and MP5 model designation engraving, as well as the HK manufacturing engraving on the magwell. I'm considering "remarking" my SP5 as part of my legal SBR conversion. I have talked with a few HK gunsmiths (TSC and RDTS) about their options, pricing and lead times. They have slight different options and they want to know exactly what I want as far as the HK logo type and MP5 variant for the top rib, as well as, how I would like the HK manufacturing engraving to look. My goal is to copy the current MP5A3 as closely as possible within the limits of law.

Also want to say how thankful I am to this forum and it's knowledgeable members and admins. Between all the nuances of the HK products and the potential pitfalls of the ATF (Form 1s, 922r, etc.) it's so nice to have a place to learn about all thing HK.

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Go with Mike at TSC. New HK logo and MP5. Have him re-laser the warning and importer marks on the magwell after refinish.

·
HK= NFG 4 the Wallet
1,195 Posts
Go with Mike at TSC. New HK logo and MP5. Have him re-laser the warning and importer marks on the magwell after refinish.
Although I would like to see an actual pic of a "New Model" MP5 or MP5-N markings, I concur as to whats said about TSC. He has duplicated the "New" HK logo. Here is a 94 he converted to an MP5-N. My only complaint is he will not remove the warning from an SP5. I'd rather not have it and have the import engraving ghosted out. Whats nice about his top work is he actually welds in all the markings and redoes them spaced out nicely. I believe MM will do the same.

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-long-guns-sale/485770-wts-mp5-navy-tsc-sbr.html

·
Registered
280 Posts
I’ve used Mike/TSC for 5 conversions and am about to send him a 6th for a 93 to 33k conversion. I went with the newer HK block logo on all of them, including my HK53 conversion. Just my .02, I left my SP5 “as is” and just SBR’d it, it’s a factory German gun and being that I already had remarked conversions, I didn’t see the need to alter it.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Mike at TSC has done the new logo for me. Came out perfect.

I've given him pictures of logos on guns and had him do exact duplicates. He's the best H&K smith in the industry imo, and his markings are second to none.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Can’t speak for 2019 MP5s specifically, but I can tell you that a lot (all?) of the modern production ones have that warning label on the magwell. If you want the most authentic replica, it should probably have the warning.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts