HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I was looking at buying the VP9 LE and I was wondering how bright is tritium in the XS sights that come on this model?

Was curious how bright they are in darkness compared to Ameriglo, Trijicon etc..

Thanks

·
Registered
905 Posts
Just checking. Do you have a true LE version that comes with Meps NS or so you have the newer 2020 OR model? Is you have the factory true mep NS. They are really good in my opinion. They just don’t have a contrasting front color as you know like the Trijicon’s. If you have the other it’s basically a glow in the dark (only for a bit, ok in daylight, zero good as a true NS) sight. The Meps. I like them a lot. But if I had to chose or a put new NS on. I personally always go Trijicon HD’s.

·
Registered
VP9, VP9SK, VP9L OR, HK45, HK45C
14 Posts
My XS sights are definitely tritium. I love them. I wouldn’t say they’re Trijicon HD level but they’re definitely bright and have not given me any problems at work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just checking. Do you have a true LE version that comes with Meps NS or so you have the newer 2020 OR model? Is you have the factory true mep NS. They are really good in my opinion. They just don’t have a contrasting front color as you know like the Trijicon’s. If you have the other it’s basically a glow in the dark (only for a bit, ok in daylight, zero good as a true NS) sight. The Meps. I like them a lot. But if I had to chose or a put new NS on. I personally always go Trijicon HD’s.
Yes is definitely the tritium version the 2020 LE OR model I'm looking at purchasing so I was curious how bright the tritium is inside the XS sight and how well they hold up as well.

Found this model local new for $759, was not in the market for this model however this seems to be a good price especially right now and I'm running out of excuses not to get it.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Yes is definitely the tritium version the 2020 LE OR model.
Gotcha. Ignore my other comment then about the “glow in the dark ones”. Yes, what you have are good sights! I do however personally prefer the Trijicon HD’s but I see zero need to change them until you feel they are losing their prime years down the road.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Gotcha. Ignore my other comment then about the “glow in the dark ones”. Yes, what you have are good sights! I do however personally prefer the Trijicon HD’s but I see zero need to change them until you feel they are losing their prime years down the road.
Thanks I understood what you meant I use to have one of the VP9 with photoluminescence sights and I had another with the meps, but the one I'm considering to buy now is the 2020 LE model for $759. XS tritium sights, optic cut and 3 magazines.

I need the act quick if I choose to get it the place only had two in stock. Thing is after tax and background check fee I'm looking at $845 total, it is just hard to let that much cash go for a pistol bit I know it is a quality pistol and it had 3 magazines and night sights as well as an optic cut.

For comparison if I bought a Glock model 45 with factory optic cut and night sights it would probably cost more than this VP9 or close to it.

·
Registered
905 Posts
$845 is a bit high but honestly with the way things are right now. The unknown coming at us hard and the import issues from Germany. I’d say if they have it in stock and you like it. GET IT NOW!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
So my XS has the black out rear with Orange front but tritium in center like the trijicon HD. At night I would say they definitely have their glow

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I just got the model you’re speaking of, and I think the XS nights are fantastic. I actually like them better than the meps. Prices are high here, too...but I was also good with it as I was finding something that was in stock! I really like the day time sight picture of the XS’, too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just got the model you’re speaking of, and I think the XS nights are fantastic. I actually like them better than the meps. Prices are high here, too...but I was also good with it as I was finding something that was in stock! I really like the day time sight picture of the XS’, too.
Great info thank you I believe the $759 before tax isn't a bad price (optic cut, 3 mags and night sights) I was thinking it is almost pre-covid pricing isn't it? I can't remember exactly what I paid for a VP9 with meprolite sights when the VP9 first came out but I believe it was around $700 or so. I'm really considering going ahead with the purchase but one of my biggest issues right now is ammo or rather the lack of ammo.

I have a little ammo left and I know what will happen to that ammo if I purchase this VP9, bye bye ammo. I'm very much in a conserve ammo mode right now so another pistol in my lineup right now would be well not conserving ammo however I do want this pistol..oh what I tough spot dreadful but I still may just have to get it.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Ammo comes and goes...ebbs and flows...waxes and wanes...

I suppose the same can be said about guns, but they are more permanent in nature.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
3-second low light exposure with an IPhone Pro. Not exactly how the eye sees these, but for comparison it is a valid image.

On the left, a Trijicon HD-XR on a P30. In the middle, a TRUGLO X-Ray3 on a SIG P365. On the right, the XS sight on a VP9L-OR.

Judge for yourself. I think the XS is as bright as anything. Certainly both are brighter than the XRAY3 on the SIG.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
The XS tritium sights are very good. The front dot is quite bright and is noticeably brighter than the rear dots, resulting in good contrast between the front and rear sights.
VP9L OR models with the XS suppressor height sights have no rear dots, they use a serrated blackout rear which is preferred for this type of thing.

Your comment is, of course, valid for other models with rear dots. The Trijicon HD series sights have similar characteristics, with subdued rear dots.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts