HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Descending into HKoholism
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I was able to fit 21 rounds in the 20 round P30 magazines.
Admittedly, it is very tight, and I used a Lula loader.
I have not tried how or if the magazine works loaded up to 21.
Has anyone tried it?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hi folks,

I was able to fit 21 rounds in the 20 round P30 magazines.
Admittedly, it is very tight, and I used a Lula loader.
I have not tried how or if the magazine works loaded up to 21.
Has anyone tried it?
Considering what my HK magazines cost, I would never do something like that.

·
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You want to have a little give to that top round in case you’re seating the mag on a closed slide.
Just load 20.
Thanks, the reply that makes sense.
As I had two of the new deeper floor plates left from another experiment left, I put them on the 20 rounders. Now I can load 21 rounds easily, no force necessary. I will try them next weekend.

·
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The high capacity obsession is ridiculous. :rolleyes:
I know, I know. For me, the biggest obsession is with tinkering.
If there were other things to try, I would not resort to mucking with the mags.
Also, for me, it is nice (read I am lazy) to reload less on the range. Two 21 round magazines through the P30L and I am done with the 9mm ammo allotment for the week (we are still in the crown apocalypse).

·
Registered
219 Posts
I know, I know. For me, the biggest obsession is with tinkering.
If there were other things to try, I would not resort to mucking with the mags.
Also, for me, it is nice (read I am lazy) to reload less on the range. Two 21 round magazines through the P30L and I am done with the 9mm ammo allotment for the week (we are still in the crown apocalypse).
I thought that’s what Glocks are for…

·
Registered
148 Posts
I just don't see the point lol. I guarantee that if
the mag held 18 or 19 rounds, the OP would be content with 20. On top of that, if It's a range or competition gun, I just don't see the point. If it's a carry gun, I don't see the point.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Accuracy makes problems go away.
Don't tell these millennials on the forum that. They need those extra 2 rounds for watching the Walking Dead or what ever stupid show these kids watch these days.
For me, I stopped watching TV after Chips (I do watch the reruns). Ponch and John got it done with 6 rounds in a Colt Python; although they never had to draw their weapons.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Don't tell these millennials on the forum that. They need those extra 2 rounds for watching the Walking Dead or what ever stupid show these kids watch these days.
For me, I stopped watching TV after Chips (I do watch the reruns). Ponch and John got it done with 6 rounds in a Colt Python; although they never had to draw their weapons.
So you didn’t catch the spin-off?
Poncherello probably went by the nickname “Ponch” because his full name was Francis Llewelyn Poncherello. You gotta be tough with a name like that. Just once I would have liked to hear his partner Jon say “Lighten up Francis”
Watch Muscle Smile Gesture Poster

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would like to point out that some people go on long trips, as in many tens of miles or even hundreds, and they can run into a lot of things along the way... so, yeah, high capacity is an important issue, and accuracy doesn't really matter if you have run out of bullets.

I wouldn't call high capacity concern an "obsession". It's a concern like, as in, this here fellow has 10 pit bulls running about freely and now wants to run me down with his truck... kind of a concern. That concerns me, a lot. And that's if I only run into one of these "people" along the way.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just don't see the point lol. I guarantee that if
the mag held 18 or 19 rounds, the OP would be content with 20. On top of that, if It's a range or competition gun, I just don't see the point. If it's a carry gun, I don't see the point.

I would like to point out that some people go on long trips, as in many tens of miles or even hundreds, and they can run into a lot of things along the way... so, yeah, high capacity is an important issue, and accuracy doesn't really matter if you have run out of bullets.

I wouldn't call high capacity concern an "obsession". It's a concern like, as in, this here fellow has 10 pit bulls running about freely and now wants to run me down with his truck... kind of a concern. That concerns me, a lot. And that's if I only run into one of these "people" along the way.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts