HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as you have read i am running on a regular basis a .22 conversion in my rdts 51. it continues to run flawless on minimags . most other rounds run off and on but not like the mini mags. the gun just got back from the range with over 1000 rounds thru it without cleaning and without a flaw. that in itself is fantastic as it is the most reliable .22 f/a that i have owned and i have had most others that are out there. here is the up to date info ; the last 4 mags thru the gun were 165 rounds at a time !! that's right we are in the final stages of producing a 165 round drum conversion for this unit. until these are 100% reproducable* with 100% reliability they will not go into production . at the same time we are working on this conversion for the 10/22 and several other weapons but the g3 is the 1st .when i can figure out how to post a video i will give you a demo of the mag and the perfect function . anyone have any interest in this setup ? we may try to produce these ourselves or setup with someone that can produce them in volume. right now all mag adapter are hand made and hand fitted but could be reproduced on a cnc. it sure is great not having to have just a 20 round shot thru the gun ; but you do have to be careful not to burn the thin barrel up* with a 165-275 round dump !!:83:

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
I hope you have better luck than some other people who are trying to make a .308 drum for the G3 (and I'm talking about both companies, the 50 rd & 100 rd drums). I would be in for at least one.

·
Registered
29 Posts
as you have read i am running on a regular basis a .22 conversion in my rdts 51. ...
; but you do have to be careful not to burn the thin barrel up* with a 165-275 round dump !!:83:
Cool, but WHERE ARE THE PICS????
Or at least a LINK where you did?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pics ?

we took a video last thursday and will take another one this thursday if possible. as soon as i can figure out how to post a video i will put one on for your pleasure . we are not taking deposits or preorders . when everything is right we will be able to get a price and ordering info. just trying to find out if it is worth making more than just for me before alot more time and money is invested . patent alone is 10-12000 ! do to the shortage of standard mags and the few rounds that they hold and the fact that i wanted more firepower, i figured this would be a nice addition . i have no idea how many of these kits are out there. does anyone know ? this same high cap mag could also be done for the 93/33/53 if there would be much interest . when we get caught up and running on this project i might be interested in a .22 conversion to use in my 53 , then i can go about modifying the mag to high capacity for it.
we have run the 275 round drum on the hk51 and it ran fine also but it is alot of weight and alot for the winder to push up ,as extra turns must be placed in it to overcome gravity as in all of the high cap drums. this is why we will only guarantee function with the 165 round drum .
with the slow rate of fire of the .22 g3 (as compared to an am180, it also takes along time to empty the 275 round drum as you can't just hold the trigger down unless you have alot of extra barrel inserts. such the problem to have ! too many rounds to shoot !

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
You can upload the video to Youtube. They will host it for you. Please feel free to email me through the boards and I'll do it for you, if you would like.

As far as making a mag for the .223 rifles, I don't think there are enough of the .22LR conversion parts (bolt, carrier, chamber insert) to make it worthwile.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I think it would be neat. I don't have an automatic G3, but it might be nice to have one of these "high caps" to avoid reloading the magazines. Even though it isn't terribly difficult to do, the geometry of the feed lips and all makes loading the 22 long rifles into those G3 type magazines a little frustrating. Especially if your fingers are cold.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts