HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I've tried several .22 LR in both my G3 & 91 kits. For some reason, the G3 kit works with a number of high-velocity brands, but not standard velocity stuff. The 91 kit would only reliably feed/extract/eject hyper-velocity Federal Stingers.

I have 3 questions:

1. What brand and type .22 LR have worked for you reliably?
2. Anybody cut the spring down a few coils without adverse effects and/or should this be attempted?
3. Does anyone [ala Wolff] make lighter springs which I could experiment with, or does anyone have these springs for the conversion kit for sale?

TIA,

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
I use only CCI min-mags 22LR for all three of my conversion kits (9mm; .223; & 7.62mm).

·
Registered
532 Posts
Review is for a '33 conversion, but the system works identically and the ammo requirements are the same. Have a read and I still shoot the Golden Bullets in 525 bulk pack through mine with about 99.5% reliability. HTH,

http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41944

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I would suggest that you try some of the various match ammo offerings, especially the CCI. Those are typically loaded so the bullet barely stays subsonic. I've had good results with it.
I don't advise cutting any coils off the springs because spare parts are so hard to find and know of no aftermarket springs. I really feel that ammo selection is your best bet.

·
1,252 Posts
Also make sure the unit is well lubed. Too much friction just might prevent lower powered ammo from cycling properly.

·
Registered
152 Posts
A friend of mine went through almost 550 rounds of federal bulk pack, all in full auto, with very few failures. The only issue he had was fairly significant barrel leading about 3-7 inches from the chamber when it was all over.

PBR

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
+1 CCI HV works very well

I used three types of .22 in my G3 surplus kit. Remington bulk pack, Wolf match grade, and CCI high velocity. In semi auto the Remington worked O.k. however it did not like to work in F/A. The Wolf stuff did not want to work in either semi or full. The CCI high velocity ran perfectly.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Guys

Thanks for the info, especially on the ammo. No fooling around with springs, just keep it cleaned & lubed.

I'll keep experimenting with the ammo......BTW, what brand are the "goldens"?

Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
Thanks for the info, especially on the ammo. No fooling around with springs, just keep it cleaned & lubed.

I'll keep experimenting with the ammo......BTW, what brand are the "goldens"?

Thanks again.
Remington--just look at the box and you'll see why.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts