HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
How about Ohio Rapid Fire? They make a civie HK53SD (fake suppressor).

Cohaire Arms made a HK53SD with a working suppressor.

·
Registered
595 Posts
if I remember right, cohaire is making one that will take ar mags as well, cant remember what their number designation is though.

could be vaporware, and who knows if it will work right without tweaking, but I've acrually heard good things about the latest cohaire offerings.

[email protected], what is the can you are using on that 53?? how loud is it, and any worry of baffle strikes with that short of a barrel??

·
Registered
42 Posts
[email protected], what is the can you are using on that 53?? how loud is it, and any worry of baffle strikes with that short of a barrel??
YHM 5.56 Phantom QD.

Very quiet, no hearing protection needed if you can tolerate the sonic crack of the bullet in flight and comparable to an AAC M4-1000, just heavier. YHM makes great suppressors for the money, excellent value and quality.

No I'm not worried about a baffle strike.

·
Registered
30 Posts
if I remember right, cohaire is making one that will take ar mags as well, cant remember what their number designation is though.
Oh yeah forgot to mention that, CA .223 clones take AR magazines.
Dunno if they've been released yet, I suggest you talk to Todd.

The standard version

And the suppressed version

They're only doing limited runs, so get one while you can!

Ohio Rapid Fire guns are also nice and have a longer shroud and barrel.

This ORF .223 clone has a fake suppressor.

ORF also makes shorty .223s, but I personally like the fake SD version the best. As far as shorty .223s go, I'd check out Vector or if you want inherently quieter fun, CA is your best bet. If you don't want to go the NFA route, Vectors have a great rep but the barrels are protrusive. I like ORF's non-NFA .223s best.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dam you guys are making this tuff, and i cant get a suppresser in my state, at least not yet.

ok next question....lol

how much accurcy is lost with that shorty barrel compared to the 16 ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts