HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the 22lr conversion form Subcal.com for the MP5K?
If so is it reliable at all?

I have the option between that and the original HK (I think) 22lr conversion for the G3/91.

Wich would you guys purchase?

I tried to contact Subcal thru email and no reply but its only been a day. Odd no phone# on the site either.

Thanks!:)

·
Registered
554 Posts
The kit you ask about does not have a good reputation for working.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Two emails and no reply yet from Subcal.com. Dosen't look like they want my moneys. They don't even have a phone # on the site. Oh well I will try one more time.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Anyone have a review of the Fleming kit. I have been told it doesnt work great, BUT have yet to read a first hand review.

Also, I contacted Bill via his website and he got back to me within 2 hours.

-Huntersdad

I have the Flemming kit, never shot it (but it's about time I did).

·
Registered
26 Posts
MP5 22 Kit

I have an old one and it's good to go. In semi auto 99.9% with most ammo.... in FA it 's about 95% with CCI minimags. With heavy subsonics about 80%. I purchased it here, used. Keep it clean and well lubed. It is not as reliable as my G3 OR 33 22 kits but it sure is cheap to shoot..

·
Vendor
6,891 Posts
Two emails and no reply yet from Subcal.com. Dosen't look like they want my moneys. They don't even have a phone # on the site. Oh well I will try one more time.
bill is super busy with kat being sick..

·
Registered
342 Posts
mp5k .22 kit

styercoyete, is your lack of relability in f/a do to feeding problems, ie magazine ? or is it bolt bounce or extraction or ejection ? is it consistant ? i also had emailed subcal sometime ago with questions concerning the mp5k kit such as magazine capacity, availability and cost of extra magazines, availability and cost of extra parts, bolt bounce etc and never got any reply. i am trying to find out if there are problems and if there are , are they fixable or are they terminal . i have had one of bills kits for a mac 10, and older one and i was hoping that the kits for the mpkk kits were different. i love the g3 kit and therre is no other as relaible or as durable , but a kit in the mp5k would be a blast.

jeff --mabe you can help us with the questions and since you work with bill on these .22 kits is there some pointers that you can give on function and reliability ; tuneups ? thanks in advance

·
Vendor
6,891 Posts
the real hk mp5 kit had the same problem.. I have talk with bill on this I will let you know soon..
the mags have alway been the big's problem with the 22 lr kit.. I wish i had a gsg5 to look at if some one has one they could send me .. I would send it right back ..

·
Registered
26 Posts
MP5 22 Kit

Usually it's ejections sometimes an empty case falls below the carrier and hangs thing up..
It seems the hotter and heavier the ammo the better..

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
Usually it's ejections sometimes an empty case falls below the carrier and hangs thing up..
It seems the hotter and heavier the ammo the better..
I never had this problem. It was always a failure to feed... same problem the Krauts had when they were making them. It's that bad angle.

·
Registered
342 Posts
mp5k .22 conversion

so is it the feed lip problem or what ? are these mags curved or straight ? or were there both like the mp5 mags? jeff --if you have a mag i would like to buy it off of you . it may be possible to adapt one of our patent pending drums to the unit and solve the problems unless it is impossible to get a straight magazine up into the unit or even is we would have to use a slight radius it may still be a possibility. it seems as if the magazine design may be most of the problem but i don't have a unit or a mag to look at. it would not be a priority at the moment as we are in production for the ar15/m16 drum and the hk g3/91/51 drum .22 cal adapters at the moment .

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
so is it the feed lip problem or what ? are these mags curved or straight ? or were there both like the mp5 mags?
The big problem with the mags is the top feed angle. The mags are straight and as you know, the rims need to be ahead of the rim below it. The MP5 magwell is a bit too short front to back distance wise and when you figure in the rounds need to be placed as they do, the top rounds are pointed up too high for reliable full auto feeding. You really need a longer mag well so the magazine can be inserted and retain a good angle to keep the rounds flatter at the top. This is why the 91 and 93 22 units perform sofa king well and the MP 5 doesn't.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Guys,

I have a Bobcat Weapons MP5 clone. Anyone use the Fleming kit with a BM5?

So am I understanding what you guys are saying correctly.. its the magazines that really are the issue with this kit?

DIESEL1959 pointed out to me that is that the barrel insert for the Fleming kit doesn't index at twelve o'clock. I take it you guys have experienced this as well?

Thanks friends,

Huntersdad

1 - 20 of 22 Posts