HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had some heartache when I saw the Day 7 trailor because it looked to me like Jack might have traded in his 9mm USP Compact for some FBI issued piece.

There were no closeups good enough to tell what gun it was. But just now I found a new wallpaper from season 7 and I just did a little dance because to me, it looks like hes still sporting his compact.

Please tell me what you think. This picture has obviously been rotated. Keep in mind, Jack is a righty, so in this picture youre actually seeing the opposite side of the gun from where the safety and decocker is. The only thing confusing me is that the barrel looks bigger than 9mm.

Please post all your thoughts. This is definetly still his USP Compact right??? Thanks friends!

BauerCTU

·
Registered
163 Posts
Looks like his old Compact. However, if the FBI issued Jack a gun, wouldn't it be a .40cal Glock? What are FBI agents carrying these days? Secret Service still uses Sigs...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Great question. I was sad yesterday when I read an article that said we may actually see Jack Bauer go to sleep for the first time this year. However they would more likely shelf the entire season until next year (tears free-flowing).

Theres been so much hype. The trailer looks awesome. I dont see how they can do that since theyve promised a January 13th start but then agaiin they can do whatever they want.

I always thought "24" was unique in that it had its own writers who were on the "24" payroll but I was wrong. The strike is effecting everyone. Its horrible. Would have been a great time to take the season off and do the movie but then again, who would write it? :)

Ill post more pictures of Jack with his gun from Day 7 as they become available. You other die hard fans please do the same but I sure am happy it looks like his compact in this picture. In the trailer I swear it looks like hes got a glock or something else at one point but hopefully he was just "borrowing" it temporarily off a dead guy or something. ;)

So cool that Jack still prefers his USP Compact even though hes on the opposite coast this year AND working with the FBI rather than CTU. I know it has a lot to do with the fact that HK guns are great for firing real charges (hollywood bullets) but I also love to think the compact has become part of Jack. He doesnt want to use anything else. :)

Theres an amazing post on here by someone whos son got the opportunity to go to the set and meet Kiefer. Kiefer took the gun out and checked it before he let the kid see it. The USP compact that Sutherland uses is real!

BauerCTU

·
Registered
163 Posts
I was sad to see him retire his Sig P228, actually. Best 9mm handgun ever! :)

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Yep, I've heard they have already pushed the show's scheduled season opener back several weeks. Half the season is written, and they don't want to run out of shows and have to end it in the middle of the season. Hopefully they'll get the strike resolved, but the last one back in the late 80s I think it was lasted 5 months. 24 is one of the few shows I watch, I sure hope it doesn't skip a season.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The one thing that used to drive me crazy in 24 is when they keep switching up his gun without a break in the action..

One minute its a sig, then the sig has a threaded barrel, o wait, now its a glock, timeout, its a hk, back to glock.... and then the woprst thing I see is when they add a hammer click to a glock... argh.. OK rant off... Day 7 looks different.. odd thing using tony...

If there is another agency mole/double cross/same story as day 3-5 I am gonna hurl... Just say no Jack!

UK

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
I thought they had pretty much cleaned up the gun switch issue in the later seasons?

I read the show has been postponed due to the writers strike, they only had 7 or 9 episodes written, so Fox decided to not show any until they have all 24 episodes written.....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Looks like a USPc in most of the trailer. One scene looked like a Glock. 24 did a lot better in the later seasons with the gun issues (other than being able to put a suppressor on a gun with no threaded barrel.)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Check it out guys... I found some great Day 7 pics that confirm hes still using his USP Compact! however!!!

Look at the first picture. It almost looks like you can see the very tip of the barrel poking through the slide. Kinda weird... Then if you look at the other pic, you can see that the gun now has the newer style recoil spring assembly. You can tell because you can see the notch from 12 oclock to 6 oclock right below the barrel. Jacks compact has always had the older style rod. (I know Im obsessed) Anyway, enjoy the pics and I look forward to hearing your thoughts. What I would give to have a 5 minute conversation with the guy in charge of props (specifically Kiefers weapons) for the show :)

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
Why is he holding the gun in one picture left and then right handed??
I guess my question rather should be, is he right or left handed? :)

·
Registered
622 Posts
I always thought "24" was unique in that it had its own writers who were on the "24" payroll but I was wrong. The strike is effecting everyone. Its horrible.
TV writers in the US pretty much HAVE to be in the union. It's the same with the screen actor's guild - a US actor MUST be in the guild.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
It's definitely not the same one he has used from season 3 to season 6. and its always been the same. you would think they had two or three of them on the set for Kiefer to switch between but no, it was always the same exact one. serial #27-057716. now, this one im seeing in these official pics from season 7 is not that same one. Hopefully we'll get some nice closeups once this darn strike ends...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts