HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have wanted a squeeze cocking HK since I read about the PSP in my brother's Guns and Ammo (I want to say 1982???...the PSP had verticle line grips IIRC) but something seemed to always put the nix on the deal...first they were $450...then more...then MUCH more...blah, blah, blah.

Then my older brother tells me he would like one of these newly released German issued PSPs...we talk a bit and I read a few threads...I tell big brother that I'd check into it for him...I tell myself, "If CDNN has any of these in Grade A, I am in too."

I called CDNN and talk to Steven..."We sure do have Grade As and I'll pick you out a nice one."...20 minutes later, I have ordered one for the brother and another for me...Grade "A"s that should be "as new."...plus a couple extra "used" excellent graded mags a piece.

Last night the call that they were ready for pick up at the big brother's FFL and he has a policy of not opening them until the buyer arrives.

We arrive this morning at 10AM...carefully packed there are two black plastic boxes containing a HK PSP, gun lock, a cleaning brush (for the piston?) and the owner's manual.
The pistols look very nice, as new and unfired. They are covered in oil and there is a hint of some rub marks (from the plastic case?) but all in all they look like brand new pistols...The "used" mags look as new too!
We get the bright idea after leaving the FFL (who has had a P7M8 for years...of course he brought his out to show off!) to go give these a little work out...pick up some 9MM (Remington 115Gr copper jacketed-FMJ) and head to the range.
I had two other pistols I had intended to shoot today so I started with those (it was killing me hearing him hoot and hollar too) while big brother at the next booth shot his...he is HAPPY and doing the dance of joy over how much he is diggin' his PSP.

I finally shoot mine...first round in the Bullring...first 9 in the Bull...next 16 in the Bull (albeit at around 15 feet but I am just function firing this)...this is better than I normally shoot...this pistol is NICE!...someone described the point characteristics of these P7 pistols as like pointing your finger...I have heard this before about other guns and have never agreed...it is so with this pistol...
Mine DID get quite warm (hot) after shooting 25 rounds...I have a high hold and am a Southpaw...my one finger rides right up underneath the trigger guard...hot mamma!
I shoot the others giving the PSP a rest (new GLOCK 21SF and a SiG Sauer P228 with all new springs and new Trijicon Night Sights)...

...back to my PSP...another 25 rounds...all in the Bull or 10 ring at 21 feet...WOW...absolutely NO recoil...I switch to Speer Gold Dot hollow point in 124Gr +P...a bit more snap...perhaps a bit of recoil but certainly NOTHING that isn't easily handled...
I do have to be aware of the squeeze cocker...there are a couple of times, with my big paw that I "wrap around too far" and don't give sufficient pressure to the plunger...no shoot...easily correctable once I practice more...the audible "click" is weird to me but again...no problems that practice and familiarity won't cure...

So I put more than 75 rounds through it...none go outside the 10 ring...there is no recoil to speak of...sweet handling, fast to action and to rest...the pistol heats up but in "combat" I doubt I would go through 25 rounds in such short order...so I don't see that as a real handicap...I see some tool marks around the trigger guard but this pistol appears to be very nicely done...WELL Worth the price of admission...My brother thanks me for one of the best experiences he has ever had shooting and I thank him for finally pushing me "over the edge" to getting one of these fine pistols.

If ANYONE is on the fence over this...get off of it and "get-chu-one!"
If you need or want a good looker go for the Grade "A" but I hear people reporting their Grade Bs look sweet too...
I know I am still in a state of Euphoria but...if this was the only gun I could have, I could be content...and I like my Glocks, my 1911s and my SiGs (heck, I like just about everything)

Bill

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Here is mine!

Bill

·
Registered
870 Posts
Congrats on the new toy!!!! Sounds like It was well worth the wait!!! Enjoy!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Its really nice to see someone this excited about a gun. It does look new, glad you were able to find what you wanted.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks...I am quite surprised with my reaction and that of my older brother's that mirrors mine...I shot an M8 many years ago but it was after the guy who owns it shot a qualifying course...it was red hot as I recall so the experience was not well received then...if only I knew then what I know now...I would have my P7 M13 but perhaps wouldn't have this PSP...I am really enjoying this pistol.

Bill

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
Beautiful PSP! Welcome home!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Congrats! Good looking pistol and it's a classic. I'm awaiting my NIB P7M8 and I can't wait. Enjoy!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Dreams can come true!!!! It does look like new. I am sure you will keep it that way. Great to hear some one so happy!!!!

·
Registered
887 Posts
I picked up my PSP a couple of weeks ago. CDNN is a great company to deal with. The grade A that was shipped to my FFL looked brand new as well. They are a fun gun to shoot, but do heat up. As you've said, in a self defense situation heat will not be an issue. At the range I simply alternate between my USP9 and my PSP, or P7M8 to allow the pistol to cool off. Enjoy your new acquisition.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks...CDNN was the least expensive I found advertised...$674.25 per pistol for Grade "A"...$599.00 for Grade "B"...$55 for new mags and $39.99 for excellent condition used (marked demo on the HK baggies)...
Bill

·
Registered
227 Posts
Welcome to the addiction! Be careful though sometimes when you forget how good something was and you try it again you might become a toatl addict!

Watch out wallet!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks...yup...thinking is what got me in trouble too...:D...now I have this big grin on my face all the time...
Bill

R

·
0 Posts
Ah, we the luck ones

I can't get enough of this P7 stuff. I had a PSP about 10 years ago, and very foolishly sold it. I bought a P7M13 when I was stationed in Hawaii, and it got stolen out of my truck when I came back to Texas. Then, I got Lucky.............I picked the last P7M13 that GT Distributors in Austin had back in may. It was a trade in from the DFW airport police SWAT team. A little steep in price for me, 1700.00, but I had to have it. It came with everything, box with matching serial number, gas piston cleaning tools, manual, and warranty card, and three mags. The finish was worn, as to be expected. I called the DFW airport police range master, gave him the serial number and he gave me a list of all the maintenance he had done on it, Three things. I then called HK and spoke to their armorer, and get this...I told him that since the gun was purchased directly from HK, and although I bought it used, I was the original retail purchaser. He said he would honor the warranty!! I exchanged the dim night sights under the Meprolight warranty, and sent it off to HK for a check up. This thing was only out of my hands 8 days. Before it was sent back, the armorer called and told me that everything was in excellent shape, everything was within specs,and that I should get years of service from this pistol. Now thats what I call customer service!! The new sights were the correct ones, and It shot point of aim, point of impact, 1 inch at 25 yards. When I shot it, damn if I wasn't impressed. I had forgotten how great these things shoot. You made a wise purchase. Definately an investment. If I could only convince my department to let me carry it on duty.....well maybe not. I'd hate to lose it to the evidence room if I was ever involved in a shooting.
HAPPY HUNTING

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
mmmmmmm...P7M13...
Bill

1 - 18 of 18 Posts