HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just called HK USA’s customer service line (706-701-5554) to ask about what locking piece ships with a new SP5k. Got the answer: 100 degree.

I then talked to him about running suppressed and the warranty of using aftermarket LPs due to the fact that I cannot find HK LPs in stock.

He told me it’s my lucky day, he couldn’t believe it, #28/80 degree HK locking pieces are in stock! $167 out the door for me.

Happy birthday to you and me!

(Hopefully this is the right forum for this? Apologies if it is not. It’s suppressor related, though.)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
op, you probably know this, but, the 80* lp is only for suppressed + subs.. don't bother changing it otherwise.

the advise to ALWAYS change locking piece before you suppress a k is from back in the day when they all shipped with a 110* lp.
I do know this, but thanks for making it clear to all. I only shoot suppressed, with subs if I can.

I do find conflicting info about shooting with the stock 100 degree with suppressed/subs. The rep I talked to says it’s best to switch to 80, but? Whatever, but not that much cash.

For those who don’t know, these factory HK #28/80 LPs are hard to find!

·
HK Shooting Team
2,871 Posts
#28 is for running 147gr and heavier in the K suppressed.....otherwise leave the 100 degree LP in there for say your 115 & 124gr ammo

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
#28 is for running 147gr and heavier in the K suppressed.....otherwise leave the 100 degree LP in there for say your 115 & 124gr ammo
Forgot to add I’m shooting Federal Syntech 150g Action Pistol.

Since @bystok you’re an HK Certified Armorer, what’s the official HK story on shooting the above ammo in a K + suppressor with 100 degree LP? I see so much variable info on that point (clones=yes, HK=no, All need it, etc etc etc).

·
HK Shooting Team
2,871 Posts
Forgot to add I’m shooting Federal Syntech 150g Action Pistol.

Since @bystok you’re an HK Certified Armorer, what’s the official HK story on shooting the above ammo in a K + suppressor with 100 degree LP? I see so much variable info on that point (clones=yes, HK=no, All need it, etc etc etc).
Well, all due respect, you are new to this forum so you might not be aware that this topic has been covered ad nauseam over the years....If you want your K to run correctly while suppressed with 147gr + ammo, use the #28 lp (hint, HK didn't make it out of boredom!!!)........search is your friend here if you want to beat a dead horse....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Well, all due respect, you are new to this forum so you might not be aware that this topic has been covered ad nauseam over the years....If you want your K to run correctly while suppressed with 147gr + ammo, use the #28 lp (hint, HK didn't make it out of boredom!!!)........search is your friend here if you want to beat a dead horse....
Perhaps I wasn’t clear. I do know the “ideal situation” info you kindly presented. What I’m asking is slightly different, and is the source of conflicting info: will there definitely be harm to the FACTORY SP5K firearm if one uses the HK stock100 LP + 150/147g subs + suppressor? If yes, what harm? (Overwhelming chance of receiver bulge? Or just more wear on the bolt group and buffer?) Or will one just have more FTE/FTF etc?

I am sorry if this is been conclusively established. Searching on this topic (i.e. not what’s ideal, but what is proved to be harmful) tends to return a million answers.

But seriously, thanks for the replies.

·
HK Shooting Team
2,871 Posts
Ah yes, thank you for that, I had previously ran across that post. That discussion, along with this thread, illustrates my point perfectly. Lots of conflicting info.
keep in mind, syntech 150gr is low powered heavy bullet ammo made strictly for USPSA competition to not only make power factor on the low end but help ensure a softer shooting pistol.…..syntech 130gr ammo was designed for PCC..…..this is not the heavy grain ammo the #28 lp was designed for use with as it is quite different than say standard federal 147gr or lawman 147gr ammo….

·
Banned
183 Posts
Even if you ran subs for thousands of rounds on the 100*… I doubt It’d hurt anything, but at that point you are spending a ton on ammo and are obviously running that ammo a lot, so why not use the proper piece. Doing a mag probably isn’t the end of the world.

I probably would NOT run subs suppressed on a 110*.. like ever..

I prefer to just not shoot subs out of my k. I have a SD for that.

·
Registered
8,453 Posts
Since we are getting into the minutia of this topic again, I believe HK said LP choice also makes a difference whether you are shooting with a buttstock or not.

·
HK Shooting Team
2,871 Posts
Since we are getting into the minutia of this topic again, I believe HK said LP choice also makes a difference whether you are shooting with a buttstock or not.
It can, but most won’t ever need the 110 and HK even standardized with the 100

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
Who uses a stock? Shootout in the lobby | The Matrix [Open Matte] - YouTube
If the #16 is good enough for Neo it is good enough for me.

Seriously though just run the stock 100 degree LP. If you are worried about excessive wear when running subsonics with a suppressor or want to slow down full auto try the #28. If you gun doesn't cycle with the #28 you can practice your HK armorer skills replacing extractor springs. Then change back to the 100 degree LP. ;)

·
Registered
8,453 Posts
Who uses a stock? Shootout in the lobby | The Matrix [Open Matte] - YouTube
If the #16 is good enough for Neo it is good enough for me.

Seriously though just run the stock 100 degree LP. If you are worried about excessive wear when running subsonics with a suppressor or want to slow down full auto try the #28. If you gun doesn't cycle with the #28 you can practice your HK armorer skills replacing extractor springs. Then change back to the 100 degree LP. ;)
Then there is sling mounted, for the really lethal adversaries.

·
Premium Member
HK SP5, HK SP5K-PDW, B&T-GHM9, HK 416 .22, HK P30sks,Glock 19 gen1
13 Posts
I just called HK USA’s customer service line (706-701-5554) to ask about what locking piece ships with a new SP5k. Got the answer: 100 degree.

I then talked to him about running suppressed and the warranty of using aftermarket LPs due to the fact that I cannot find HK LPs in stock.

He told me it’s my lucky day, he couldn’t believe it, #28/80 degree HK locking pieces are in stock! $167 out the door for me.

Happy birthday to you and me!

(Hopefully this is the right forum for this? Apologies if it is not. It’s suppressor related, though.)
Got one ordered! thx for the heads up!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts