HKPRO Forums banner

#28/80 degree locking pieces in stock at HK USA! 6/17/21

2K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  jamesgs4 
#1 · (Edited)
I just called HK USA’s customer service line (706-701-5554) to ask about what locking piece ships with a new SP5k. Got the answer: 100 degree.

I then talked to him about running suppressed and the warranty of using aftermarket LPs due to the fact that I cannot find HK LPs in stock.

He told me it’s my lucky day, he couldn’t believe it, #28/80 degree HK locking pieces are in stock! $167 out the door for me.

Happy birthday to you and me!

(Hopefully this is the right forum for this? Apologies if it is not. It’s suppressor related, though.)

#3 ·
op, you probably know this, but, the 80* lp is only for suppressed + subs.. don't bother changing it otherwise.

the advise to ALWAYS change locking piece before you suppress a k is from back in the day when they all shipped with a 110* lp.
I do know this, but thanks for making it clear to all. I only shoot suppressed, with subs if I can.

I do find conflicting info about shooting with the stock 100 degree with suppressed/subs. The rep I talked to says it’s best to switch to 80, but? Whatever, but not that much cash.

For those who don’t know, these factory HK #28/80 LPs are hard to find!

#6 ·
Forgot to add I’m shooting Federal Syntech 150g Action Pistol.

Since @bystok you’re an HK Certified Armorer, what’s the official HK story on shooting the above ammo in a K + suppressor with 100 degree LP? I see so much variable info on that point (clones=yes, HK=no, All need it, etc etc etc).

#12 ·
Even if you ran subs for thousands of rounds on the 100*… I doubt It’d hurt anything, but at that point you are spending a ton on ammo and are obviously running that ammo a lot, so why not use the proper piece. Doing a mag probably isn’t the end of the world.

I probably would NOT run subs suppressed on a 110*.. like ever..

I prefer to just not shoot subs out of my k. I have a SD for that.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.