HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do a lot of shooting at 2nd. Amendment Sports in Bakersfield, Calif. They are an HK dealer and rent several different models of HK handguns to use at their indoor range. They also have a gunsmith on site. I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with their gunsmith's work. I am still trying to get my HK4 repaired and am thinking of taking it from a gunsmith who has had it several months and finding someone who might be more resourceful in coming up with a solution to the buffer plate it needs.

Any thoughts.

BTW, emailed HK-USA today expressing my frustration with them not offering any help whatsoever to someone who has been a loyal HK owner for nearly 30 years. We'll see if they care.

Trapper

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
I do a lot of shooting at 2nd. Amendment Sports in Bakersfield, Calif. They are an HK dealer and rent several different models of HK handguns to use at their indoor range. They also have a gunsmith on site. I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with their gunsmith's work. I am still trying to get my HK4 repaired and am thinking of taking it from a gunsmith who has had it several months and finding someone who might be more resourceful in coming up with a solution to the buffer plate it needs.

Any thoughts.

BTW, emailed HK-USA today expressing my frustration with them not offering any help whatsoever to someone who has been a loyal HK owner for nearly 30 years. We'll see if they care.

Trapper
Any idea what the buffer plate looks like? Can you find someone with another HK4 that you could copy? It's got to be either stamped or machined steel, I'd just find a local mom-and-pop machine shop and have them make one if they're that hard to find.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HK4 Buffer Plate

Unfortunately, mine was broken up when the gunsmith forced the slide open so I don't know what it looks like. The diagram on Numrich isn't specific enough to get a clear idea of its configuration. I think you are right about copying one if I can find someone in the area who will help with that.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Trapper

1 - 3 of 3 Posts