HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a short question, does the hk p2000sk lem have a second strike capability? Do all HKs have this as well? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
While true the P7 does not have real second strike capability where all you do is pull the trigger again it does if you squeeze the cocker again. There is no need to rack the slide as you would with a Glock, Springfield XD, or some Smiths.

·
Registered
448 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
While true the P7 does not have real second strike capability where all you do is pull the trigger again it does if you squeeze the cocker again. There is no need to rack the slide as you would with a Glock, Springfield XD, or some Smiths.

[/ QUOTE ]

In addition with the P7, you can also keep the trigger down and resqueez the cocker and it will fire. But it makes little sense to do it that way.

A real versital single action gun.

·
Registered
269 Posts
"2nd strike"....while anecdotally nice to have, seemingly
flies in the face of all tactical training out there... and
a bit overrated. If you encounter a failure-to-fire, what you
don't usually do is to pull the trigger again....not because
you can't (with most firearms) but because the odds of the
round firing a 2nd time is low. So when encountered during a
threat situation...and outside the safe environment of a
shooting range...the last thing you want is to play "do I feel
lucky today?" with your failure to fire. Tap, rack and bang
is still the recommended option, in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
606 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Tap, rack and bang

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 this is what I was taught, except rimfire I have never had a round fire on a second firing pin strike - ammo is extremely reliable today, 30 years ago you had to reload to get what you wanted, misfires and hangfires while not common, were a constant range consideration, but not today in my experience with fresh factory ammo.

·
Registered
997 Posts
So DA/SA handguns, like the HK45C V1 and P2000SK V3, have second strike capability too?
yes...just pull the trigger again and the hammer will fall.

If it happens I'm ejecting that round and using the next one though. I'm also going to check down the barrel for a squib.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
"2nd strike"....while anecdotally nice to have, seemingly
flies in the face of all tactical training out there... and
a bit overrated. If you encounter a failure-to-fire, what you
don't usually do is to pull the trigger again....not because
you can't (with most firearms) but because the odds of the
round firing a 2nd time is low. So when encountered during a
threat situation...and outside the safe environment of a
shooting range...the last thing you want is to play "do I feel
lucky today?" with your failure to fire. Tap, rack and bang
is still the recommended option, in my opinion.
+1! Get the bad round out and the gun up and running again ASAP. :28:

·
4,424 Posts

If it happens I'm ejecting that round and using the next one though. I'm also going to check down the barrel for a squib.
You'd check for a squib in a self-defense situation?

·
Registered
997 Posts
You'd check for a squib in a self-defense situation?
That wasn't even a situation that was asked.

It was just a question about whether or not this functionality is there. It is. Yes at the range I am going to check. In defense chances are it won't happen because I test everything and check all my ammo thoroughly.

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts

Assuming you are at the range (not a self-defense moment) you would wait a few seconds before ejecting it right? Never say never to a hangfire.

AWD

·
Registered
997 Posts
Assuming you are at the range (not a self-defense moment) you would wait a few seconds before ejecting it right? Never say never to a hangfire.

AWD
Ya, but I've never had that happen. I've had hard primers before though.

·
4,424 Posts
I misunderstood. My fault.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Generally speaking, range ammo isn't subject to the same QC that premium defense ammo is. Nothing is for certain, but in my experience the premium defense ammo you buy from Federal, Winchester, Speer etc is checked a bit more closely than the typical value packet FMJ stuff.

So at the range it's not all too uncomon to have a couple hard primers or something like that. Though, if I hear a click I'm going to eject that round. Not going to try for a 2nd strike.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts