HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess this would be the right place to ask this so....

Do any of you know where i can find the specs for the male and maybe the mating female side of a 3 lug adaptor? I am looking for something like a machinist print or even something just drawn up but with reliable dimensions. I have a 3 lug on a hk clone but who knows how in spec that is so id rather find another source.

Thanks for any help,

Major

·
Registered
255 Posts
specs from the muzzle end have been beautifully detailed by forum member a little over a year ago (so says my memory). suggest a SEARCH first to see if it will reveal the info you seek. drawing/photo was what was posted.

as far as I know, female fitting hasn't been mapped out and posted on HKPro before.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I lucked out on the search and you were right about a year ago. The thread was in the end of 06. It did contain most all the dimensions but a couple users noted it was missing a couple details and that information wasnt updated on the forum that i found. Thankfully the picture with the dimensions is still being hosted.

Does anyone have any other details they could share or offer some insight to the fit clearance of the muzzle devises on the 3 lug mount. I bet the female side of this is going to be hard to find details on.

I wish i had taken solidworks class so i could make a model on the computer now.

Am i correct in thinking the factory mp5 flashider will freely rotate or will it lock into place? I assume the sound suppressors work by pressing in then rotating and the lugs will fit into a recess on the suppressor once its released. Seems like it would need to lock somehow though unless a spring offers a good bit of resistance.

Major

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
I lucked out on the search and you were right about a year ago. The thread was in the end of 06. It did contain most all the dimensions but a couple users noted it was missing a couple details and that information wasnt updated on the forum that i found. Thankfully the picture with the dimensions is still being hosted.

Does anyone have any other details they could share or offer some insight to the fit clearance of the muzzle devises on the 3 lug mount. I bet the female side of this is going to be hard to find details on.

I wish i had taken solidworks class so i could make a model on the computer now.

Am i correct in thinking the factory mp5 flashider will freely rotate or will it lock into place? I assume the sound suppressors work by pressing in then rotating and the lugs will fit into a recess on the suppressor once its released. Seems like it would need to lock somehow though unless a spring offers a good bit of resistance.

Major
They have a locking tab on them. Look at any pic of an MP5 flash hider and you can see the release lever.

And you're right about the suppressors.

·
Registered
255 Posts
dont think this has anything not found in the earlier 3-lug spec thread, but since i have it in my notes, I'd post it. found this on SUBGUNS board several months ago.

C

·
0 Posts
3 Lug German Drawings

I have original German 3 Lug drawings in Metric for sale if anyone is interested.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts