HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As i've commented recently, I have a MM23e on order and thinking about installing a 3 shot, four position lower onto the gun. Seems like so many pros and cons. I do have a three shot lower on my Mp5SD and use it rarely, though it's nice to have, specially for beginners. Never shooting an HK23e, I guess the question goes to the owners of a 23e and how is the trigger's (controllability) with a couple/few round bursts? I have to assume it's a little different than my SD.

Then i'll be purchasing the .308 and x39 conversion kits for the gun, so that is also something to ad on conversation.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
I don't see a need for a burst pack in a 223 belt gun, in particular the full size MM23e since you will be shooting it most of the time off of a bipod or tripod (i.e. well supported) I find that it is easy to get three round bursts off, plus if you have any NFA gun that longer bursts are more interesting, it will be a belt gun, in particular 223 for the lighter recoil or a sand bagged water cooled 30 cal. When shooting the MM23eK off hand, did not appear to have any problem with three round bursts (can't count the bursts since batteries died on the camera during the off hand shooting). When shooting I was trying for short bursts of varying length, not 3 in particular. Reference video on the MM23eK testing firing at 556beltfed.com

Down side to a four position pack is cost (minor one time issues) and harder to take apart to clean (more important as one shoots a belt gun a lot) and lastly need to double check the belt fed ejector does not interfere with anything in the burst pack.

Now a two round burst in a G3 or G3K might be of interest, at least to try. However, for 99% of the non day job uses (i.e. not police or military) I prefer the SEF packs and even day jobs uses the burst pack is at time possible used to balance off training.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.