HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a couple different types of 30rd HK91/G3 Magazines lately. Some are supposed to be HK made (weld seam in the middle, with curve do to weld), and some are I'm told South African (no Seam & Straight), and I definitely know which ones are the CHEAP 30rd MAGS (and they do look & feel cheap).
I think I'm missing at least one or two more types.
Can someone say how many different Types/Manufacturer's/Model's for the HK G3 30rd Mags are out there?

·
Registered
229 Posts
I saw some several years ago that looked just like "real" H&K magazines. They were for sale at Bumble Bee sales in LA Calif.

I was told they were "Nigerian Contract" 30 rounders, made by H&K for the full auto G3's, and for the heavier Machine Gun, H&K made at the time, bought by the Nigerian Govt. Story was supposed to be that they prefered the extended magazines to belt fed guns.

They were aluminium and very nicely made.

·
Registered
10,251 Posts
The ones that sometimes get passed for SA mags are just cheap US made knock offs made from FAL mags with super cheap "HK" style stamping wrapped around the front of the mag and spot welded to stay on. The spot welding is so bad, a screwdriver popped one of the welds loose as I tried to flare the sheet metal enough to grab the mag catch.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The only reliable "30" rd mags that I have seen for the G-3 system are the 25 rd CETME mags that were made in the Dom Rep?

Heavy duty steel w/ heavy duty springs. Worked every time, all the time.

I think that SARCO used to have them, but they seem to be long gone.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
The one in this pic is South African and is made exactly like the steel G3 mags. No problem with these but 30 rounds of 7.62 does get a trifle heavy. I also have some 30 rounders for the M78 and although close will not fit in the G3. Oh, and you think the UMP mags are expensive?? Try buying or let alone trying to find an M78 30 round mag or a 20 round one. "Hens teeth" as they say.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts