HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Vendor
8,218 Posts
I am currently working with AAC and a few other companies on the project. Stay tuned.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Oh boy, very interested in this one. 300 BO is the only reason I own anything in the AR platform anymore. A 53 host chambered in this round would be awesome. Most of the 300 BO load development was done with a 9" barrel. The rounds fit just fine in a MKE plastic 53/33 magazine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For here in Michigan, a 33 with a permanently attached AAC quick connect flash hider (OAL 16") and folding stock would be the shnizz dizz. Choate folder and PTR aluminum handguard and welded rail on receiver...

·
Vendor
8,218 Posts
The engineers at AAC feel that a 53 will be the perfect size for this project. We are also doing a 16" version as well. We're currently doing feed reliablity testing with HK33 mags.

·
Vendor
8,218 Posts
Any idea if someone like RCM is going to be making barrels, or is this going to be a Chops special build?
No, RCM is making barrels for us. AAC, HKParts.net, RCM, myself and some other big names are involved. A 53 will be first followed by a 16" carbine. AAC will also be making specialized silencers for these as well.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I'm very excited about this, especially the 16" version since I'm stuck in a state that doesn't allow SBRs

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
This has made my day. It is such a versatile round. The 110 Vmax and 125 OTM supersonics pack a lot of punch out a short barrel. The 220 grain subs are silly quiet suppressed and hit very hard past 100 yards. The other benifit of the subs is they use very little powder for a rifle round so the blow back and residue would be minimal. I would think this would be a natural for the roller lock platform. I hope my AAC 762 SDN-6 will work these offerings. Any estimate of availability or is this project not that far along yet?

·
Vendor
8,218 Posts
This has made my day. It is such a versatile round. The 110 Vmax and 125 OTM supersonics pack a lot of punch out a short barrel. The 220 grain subs are silly quiet suppressed and hit very hard past 100 yards. The other benifit of the subs is they use very little powder for a rifle round so the blow back and residue would be minimal. I would think this would be a natural for the roller lock platform. I hope my AAC 762 SDN-6 will work these offerings. Any estimate of availability or is this project not that far along yet?
One of the design considerations is to make sure the platform is backwards compatible with existing suppressor mounts. As for time, it's going to be a while. Possibly as long at 1Q 2013. You may very well see other 300 BLK roller-delayed blow back guns to market before ours, however this project is currently the only one with direct partiticpation from AAC and other dominant figures in the industry and as such, will probably be worth waiting for.

·
Vendor
1,325 Posts
Michaels Machines has just successfully finished testing the MM300 barrel in AAC 300 BO.
Barrels are in production for the MM13-300 (MM13 in 300BO) and the MM23E-300 beltfed.
Custom required locking pieces are also in production/finished.
Email for other barrel types wanted.
Thanks,Mike
[email protected]

·
Vendor
8,218 Posts
Michaels Machines has just successfully finished testing the MM300 barrel in AAC 300 BO.
Barrels are in production for the MM13-300 (MM13 in 300BO) and the MM23E-300 beltfed.
Thanks,Mike
[email protected]
Oh yeah, ^^^ him too. Sorry Mike, lol.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Thanks,Mike
[email protected]
Now we are talking....My 13k needs one of these... :biggrin:

·
Vendor
8,218 Posts
Sorry to change the topic a bit but does HK plan on offering a HK416 in .300 BLKOUT in the future? Or is there not enough demand?
Unless NATO nations switch to the 300 BLK as the standard round, probably not. There isn't a worldwide demand for 300 BLK and certainly not enough domestic LE/Mil demand for the 300 BLK to warrant it. However, if there is a customer that wants to order lets say 50,000 416's in 300 BLK, well then that's another story.

If you want a 416 or MR556 in 300 BLK, order a barrel blank, get it chambered and custom make one. I've considered it for some time now... time... that's my biggest adversary but it is indeed on my pet-project list.

·
Registered
404 Posts
For here in Michigan, a 33 with a permanently attached AAC quick connect flash hider (OAL 16") and folding stock would be the shnizz dizz. Choate folder and PTR aluminum handguard and welded rail on receiver...
This would be amazing for Washington too:) And another cool idea would be an SD styled 53 with a perm-attached suppressor.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Unless NATO nations switch to the 300 BLK as the standard round, probably not. There isn't a worldwide demand for 300 BLK and certainly not enough domestic LE/Mil demand for the 300 BLK to warrant it. However, if there is a customer that wants to order lets say 50,000 416's in 300 BLK, well then that's another story.

If you want a 416 or MR556 in 300 BLK, order a barrel blank, get it chambered and custom make one. I've considered it for some time now... time... that's my biggest adversary but it is indeed on my pet-project list.
who can make a barrel blank, chamber it, and make it to fit the mr556? what would need to be done to the gas hole in the barrel to make it cycle .300blk subs and supers reliably unsuppressed and suppressed? could you install said barrel?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts