HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I just picked up a few 31 round factory mags for my 9mm HK USP-SD pistol. The seller told me that they are beyond rare and I couldn't find any more for sale on the net. Have any of you guys heard about these magazines before and if so how rare are they? I would like to find more of them for sale but have been unable to locate any. Any information about these magazines or where to find more would be great. Thanks...

·
Registered
851 Posts
Rare as hen's teeth. Somewhere on HKPro it is mentioned only a handful of factory units ever made it to US shores. Not doubting their authenticity, but I would double check to make sure they are factory and not mags that have been cut and welded together. I've read prices of $150 or more each when some places had them for grabs.

·
2,832 Posts
not really rare, they are still made by HK, I have 3 of them, my dealer has had quite a few(he is out now though) Most I have paid is $110(retail price)

MLSSP has had them in the recent past

unless your good at welding plastic(what they are made of) they wont be welded.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Definitely factory with no seams down the full length of the magazine (other than the very light original mold marks). I'm glad to hear $150.00 a piece because that is around what I paid for them. I was told that HK once experimented with a select fire USP to compete with the Beretta 93R and the Glock 18 and that they made a single batch of these 31 round mags to use with the select fire USP prototypes. I wish the guy had more of them.. I bought every one he had and begged him out of a few of his private stash. I guess I'll better be satisfied with these because it doesn't sound like I'll get a chance at any more... oh well.

·
Registered
285 Posts
not really rare, they are still made by HK, I have 3 of them, my dealer has had quite a few(he is out now though) Most I have paid is $110(retail price)
I am the reason the local dealer is out. :D As soon as I heard they had some, I went in and bought both of them. Price was $125 each.

If you see some for sale, I would probably buy them because they are somewhat rare. ;)

·
2,832 Posts
see my post above.....I think that story is a load of BS, as I have seen at least 20 of them.

at least the one I have handy is marked HK 06/2

there is a seem, its half way down and runs around the mag body

Definitely factory with no seams down the full length of the magazine (other than the very light original mold marks). I'm glad to hear $150.00 a piece because that is around what I paid for them. I was told that HK once experimented with a select fire USP to compete with the Beretta 93R and the Glock 18 and that they made a single batch of these 31 round mags to use with the select fire USP prototypes. I wish the guy had more of them.. I bought every one he had and begged him out of a few of his private stash. I guess I'll better be satisfied with these because it doesn't sound like I'll get a chance at any more... oh well.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The seam you are referring to is on the front and the two sides... the BACK of the magazine that shows the glock like holes that show round count is the smooth side with only the long vertical seam and not the horizontal seam you are talking about. The back shows me that this is clearly not a doctored up magazine. Ok.. the verdict is they are very rare but not non-existent. Thanks for the feedback...

·
2,832 Posts
your correct, only one 3 sides

what are the dates on yours??

The seam you are referring to is on the front and the two sides... the BACK of the magazine that shows the glock like holes that show round count is the smooth side with only the long vertical seam and not the horizontal seam you are talking about. The back shows me that this is clearly not a doctored up magazine. Ok.. the verdict is they are very rare but not non-existent. Thanks for the feedback...

·
Registered
851 Posts
Are these only available for the full size USP 9mm? Did they make them in other calibers. I'm glad Landpimp was able to give correct up to date information on these.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no date... only raised AG in a sunken square...

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
I bought one direct from HK. I bought several more privately that don't have the two date code letters in the box, just the box. Looking at the plastic mold marks and other marks on my direct from HK mag, every mark and characteristic is identical, except the font of the numbers (hole indicators) is different.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I realize this is a somewhat old thread, but I just acquired a H&K USP 9mm Elite and I would like to have a 31 round magazine for it. Does anybody know where I could get one?

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
225 Posts
I realize this is a somewhat old thread, but I just acquired a H&K USP 9mm Elite and I would like to have a 31 round magazine for it. Does anybody know where I could get one?

Thanks in advance,
You'd better jump on it; as they are 'rare' and won't be made anymore! (just like the 'P7M8' and 'Mark 23').
:) :) :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts