HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally have one. More or less.

I took delivery of my Z-5RS from Atlantic Firearms today at my local FFL. It was the best bang for the buck from all I had read. I was apprehensive still, because I have read some articles by people who's opinions I trust about the "Licensed" HK style guns being hit or miss, or even mostly miss.

From an out of the box, fit and finish, weld quality, general appearance point of view, this gun is a HIT.

If this pistol shoots HALF, hell, ONE QUARTER as good as it looks, it will more than I could have hoped for.

I got it home, put my US made wide handguard on it and three lugged my Octane 45 HD on. So stinkin' awesome! The 3 lug was tight on the very first mounting, but whatever paint/finish/Turkish tabacco goo was making it so got rubbed off on that first on/off cycle.

I have an FBI ambi pack and housing in the mail from HKParts now, it should arrive tomorrow. I filled in the serial, paid and submitted my Eform 1 an hour ago. The wait begins.

I'm stoked.

20160419_164116_zps6iapiasz.jpg

20160419_164047_zps1zokrp1l.jpg

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Good for you! Since you e-formed you should only have about a 3 month wait. You will have to let everyone know how the first range trip goes and how it sounds.

On a side note, it was great watching Miami Vice on TV growing up. lol

·
Registered
218 Posts
Always wondered what his alter ego, Sonny Burnett (when he had amnesia) in those few episodes, would have carried?!?!?!?
Iconic show for sure and congrats.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Congrats, looks great! Let us know how it shoots. I just passed three months waiting on a form 1 for my Z5-RS, sure hope it clears soon!

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Congrats! I love mine. About to form 1 and also waiting on my Octane/stamp with many months wait ahead. I'm glad you showed the pic with your octane attached. Looks great and I can't wait.
I do have a question of the form 1 length. What measurement would I use for the MKE RS if I want to use both a Choate folder and a A3 retractable?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Nice! make sure you have the correct sunglasses when you remake the scene!

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Always wondered what his alter ego, Sonny Burnett (when he had amnesia) in those few episodes, would have carried?!?!?!?
Iconic show for sure and congrats.
As a handgun? It was always a Bren 10, amnesia or not.

·
Registered
12 Posts
As a handgun? It was always a Bren 10, amnesia or not.
Nah, it was a Bren Ten for the first two seasons (and only after the pilot, in which he carried a SIG). By season three he was carrying a Smith and Wesson 645, and by the end of the show he had progressed to the 4506. Certainly the Bren Ten is most associated with the character.

When he actually thought he was Burnett, it was a SIG P220 (ironic since that's what he started with).

I tend to lurk, but Miami Vice discussions will always draw me out...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looks good with the FBI housing. Those install on the MKE without modifications, right? I'm very tempted by these MKE guns.

In honor of your purchase...

Funny, while searching for these images I ran across this, which promoted a HK themed Sub-gun competition in Florida. Winner received a Galco Miami Classic holster (but only if dressed appropriately).

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
JSGlock,

The front pin was VERY tight putting the FBI housing on. I read later that it is not unusual to have to take a file to the shelf slot in the front of the housing to get it to clear the shelf on an MKE. Gonna do that this weekend, assuming I can get the pin back out :).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Miami Vice was such a fun show. I know this website is all about HK but come on how great would it be to drive around in that white testarossa

·
PROUD ASA MEMBER
354 Posts
Super nice!

Is it really necessary to worry about buying U.S. Vs. Non U.S. made parts? I thought that only applied to the importation and not civilian ownership.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Super nice!

Is it really necessary to worry about buying U.S. Vs. Non U.S. made parts? I thought that only applied to the importation and not civilian ownership.
Its illegal to import, or assemble from more than 10 imported parts, a "non-sporting" semi-automatic rifle. By SBRing my MKE pistol I am assembling a "non-sporting" semi-automatic rifle, therefore I have to have no more than 10 imported parts. According to the ATF the MP5/HK94 has 16 parts, so 6 of those 16 must be US made AT THE TIME OF ASSEMBLY. Owning or possessing a rifle with more than 10 imported parts is not illegal, making one is. Make sense?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Congratulations on the purchase, looks great with the FBI trigger group (my preference also). After a short wait, that will feel like an eternity, you will really enjoy that SBR.

·
PROUD ASA MEMBER
354 Posts
Its illegal to import, or assemble from more than 10 imported parts, a "non-sporting" semi-automatic rifle. By SBRing my MKE pistol I am assembling a "non-sporting" semi-automatic rifle, therefore I have to have no more than 10 imported parts. According to the ATF the MP5/HK94 has 16 parts, so 6 of those 16 must be US made AT THE TIME OF ASSEMBLY. Owning or possessing a rifle with more than 10 imported parts is not illegal, making one is. Make sense?
It doesn't make sense at all, like most things the ATF does. So you can change the parts out to whatever you want after the SBR is approved? If so, that makes no sense. How do they know what parts were on it when you sent in the paperwork? That's just asinine.

And these technically aren't MP5's. They are Zenith/MKE Z-5P or Z-5RS or whatever you're building.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts