HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, OK, I got an HK33 demill and am going to get it built into a 33K but I am undecided on the stock configuration. I really am leaning to an A3 or a Choate folder because I sling a rifle for hours when I walk checking feeders/livestock/pig eradication etc. (never know what predator, 2 or 4 legged I will encounter). The compactness helps because the rifle is not all I hump. My 53 as pictured serves well but I would appreciate other ideas or opinion. Any pics of a 33k with a Choate folder would also be appreciated. Indecision is a bugger. :(
Thanks

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Definitely A3 it. My 93 build will be an A3 for sure. Go for the newer convex buttpeice, like your picture

·
Registered
124 Posts
Since RobertRTG has some newer parts from Turkey, I am hoping that we will see some HK33 stocks at a lower price - the newer A3s.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
I tend to run the older style convex A3 stock on the 53s. The side folding stock is a little nicer to shoot, but does not have a positive lock closed (good and bad points on that, as acutally opens fast) and is a little wider gun with the stock folder. Photos of the folding 9mm/223 stock on a Vector 33K that a friend recently talked me out of by offering a nice trade for cash and a Thompson parts kit (still have the stock as was a pistol w/o the sear in)... that is the funds for either the G3K or part of the 308 kit for the MM23e (besides figured would have a G33K built with a rail on top some day ... if felt the need).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts