HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Grand Chazzar
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody built one ?
Are US barrels , or any barrels available for a clone build ?
Buttstocks?
Anyone have pics of 33SG1 or clone ?
I've seen the one in the world of HK , but don't recall anyone doing a clone build .
Any info would be great .......

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I'd like to hear too. I've been thinking about this one. I guess what I'd be interested in hearing is what barrel specs people have gone with.

·
Grand Chazzar
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For several yrs now I've been doing SBR builds ......
Now I'd like a tac driver that I can use my Suppressor with !!!
Seemed like a logical reason for another project to me ..........

·
Vendor
6,927 Posts
For several yrs now I've been doing SBR builds ......
Now I'd like a tac driver that I can use my Suppressor with !!!
Seemed like a logical reason for another project to me ..........

get it done!!!

·
Vendor
8,218 Posts
The closest U.S. barrel you are going to find is 93 length barrel. Rember, the HK33 (and 33SG1) barrel is less than 16" so it will still be an SBR. Some II date code 93's came with HK33 barrels with pinned exteneded flash hiders. I just converted one to an HK33K. The 33SG1's however, came with hand selected barrels so the unless you find a kit, the closest barrel you will probably get is the HK33 barrel with factory (importer pinned) extended FH pulled from an HK93.

·
Grand Chazzar
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't even think of that CK.......
For some reason I was thinking it had the 18.8 bbl lenght .........
The world of HK doesn't tell the bbl length of the 33sg1 ( or I over looked it ) ...
Wonder how dumb it would look with a longer barrel ?
No matter , ill buy another stamp .
The no SBR thing was basically an excuse to the wife ......lol
Everytime I get done with a build or buy another clone , I tell her " this is the last one "
Lol
Then I find something else like this that I gotta have ......

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Ran across one of the stocks years ago at a local gun store (same place with the $799 new SAR8s this year ... all gone), which is currently on loan to a friend for his scoped HK93. A comparison of the "33" barrel and "93" barrel is at: http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-long-gun-talk/163656-what-type-barrels-these.html where I am trying to double check the source of these barrels.

Assume the scope is the 1.5x6 used on the G3s, maybe with a 223 cam?

·
Vendor
8,218 Posts
Yup, HK33 barrel is 15.4"

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
I have one of the hand full of 33 SG1 Kits that came into the US. The scope on it is the same as the G3 SG1. There is not a separate cam for the .223. When I get home from my deployment I will check on the length of the barrel. I believe mine came from a SWAT team in Switzerland or Sweden. I was lucky to find it with the wooden transport case, trigger group, scope etc.

Ran across one of the stocks years ago at a local gun store (same place with the $799 new SAR8s this year ... all gone), which is currently on loan to a friend for his scoped HK93. A comparison of the "33" barrel and "93" barrel is at: http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-long-gun-talk/163656-what-type-barrels-these.html where I am trying to double check the source of these barrels.

Assume the scope is the 1.5x6 used on the G3s, maybe with a 223 cam?

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
I have one of the hand full of 33 SG1 Kits that came into the US. The scope on it is the same as the G3 SG1. There is not a separate cam for the .223. When I get home from my deployment I will check on the length of the barrel. I believe mine came from a SWAT team in Switzerland or Sweden. I was lucky to find it with the wooden transport case, trigger group, scope etc.
Good luck where every you are stationed and Thanks!

Nice kit (too bad it could not be left intact), should make an excellent build one of these days. Wonder what options you have, besides a push pin receiver or post sample, to use the SG1 trigger pack?

Yup, HK33 barrel is 15.4"
Makes a really long short barrel rifle ;-)

·
Vendor
8,218 Posts

One word.... DUDE!!!!

Makes a really long short barrel rifle ;-)
Right?

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
The recoil rod and back plate are one.

Does that have a unitized back plate / recoil rod assembly like the G3, or is just the way the parts are laid out in the pic?

And that is so cool, would love to get one of those.

·
Grand Chazzar
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Frog , that is very very cool !!!
I don't think I will be able to build from a kit like that .
I'm sure they are pricey !!!!!
Thanks for the pics ...
Makes me want one even more !

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
I am planning on finding a nice HK 93 to have it converted and remarked as soon as funds come available. I will post pics as soon as I can get it done.

This kit really needs an actual German HK receiver, possible a RR push pin one ;-).

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.