HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a letter from Bill Jarvis and he said that he will be scoping out HK at SHOT and will make a decision after SHOT on whether they will produce P2K barrels in .357 SIG. I know some of you have been wanting them so if you go to SHOT, drop a bug in Bill's ear.
I asked about the SK also but his reply only addressed the P2K.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I just got off the phone with Mark Osborne at H&K Customer Service and he told me that H&K doesn't make or allow you to switch a .357 SIG barrel out in a P2000 bought in 40 S&W. Are you saying that H&K is now changing that policy or are you saying they are considering making the P2000 in 357 SIG? This all leads to the following question, why doesn't H&K allow this? I was almost ready to buy a H&K 2000 but now I am leaning back to SIG. Does anyone know why H&K is against this? I like the idea of 3 guns in one Original in 40, new barrel in .357 SIG and final barrel in 9mm for cheap plinking (with the proper conversion barrel).

·
Registered
52 Posts
HK can't stop you, it will probably void your warranty though if you did.

·
Registered
109 Posts
You're right that it would most likely void the warranty. I'm just wondering why this is H&K's position. And dispite this position whether or not it is valid or just some weird corporate policy -- inquiring minds want to know.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All I am saying is Jarvis is waiting until after SHOT to decide if they will bring out replacement barrels for the P2K in .40 S&W. Of course HK is not going to condone the practice of using aftermarket barrels in their pistols with the P2K any more than they will with any other pistol. HK does not even "allow" you to shoot reloads so if the warranty is a concern, there are a lot of things most of us do that you shouldn't. I doubt very seriously if HK even condones puting a .357 SIG HK barrel in the .40 Compact or the other way around, but we do it anyway. You know the suits at HK are not going to give anyone the go ahead on any major modification to their pistols, let alone changing caliber by putting in a non HK barrel. Ask HK about putting in a Jarvis .45 ACP barrel in a HK pistol and I bet they will tell you the same thing, even if you are not changing caliber.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm all over the idea of a Jarvis barrel for my P2K, think of the posibilities...I couldn't have one here in California but most of you guys could get extended, threaded barrels. The options for the USP's mentioned on Bill's site are as follows:

HK USP Pistol Barrels- A National Match replacement pistol barrel made from gunbarrel certified chromemoly steel for strength and longevity. Conventionally rifled for lead and jacketed bullets, with fully supported chambers in all calibers. Factory standard length, extended lengths, threaded or ported available. Tactical style with factory style threads or SOCOM threads available. Special chamberings offered in 9X21, .356TSW and .400 Cor-Bon

Even if all I could get was a factory standard length and caliber with conventional rifling and o-ring I'd buy one.

·
Registered
636 Posts
A Jarvis barrel would be great. I'm so fed up with the arrogance of the folks at HK I'm about ready to toss them into the drink and go back to my Sigs. I have 34 handguns and the absolutely worst company to deal with is HK.

·
Registered
420 Posts
A Jarvis barrel would be great. I'm so fed up with the arrogance of the folks at HK I'm about ready to toss them into the drink and go back to my Sigs. I have 34 handguns and the absolutely worst company to deal with is HK.
:330: Adios!

You might want to watch out. I am an avid Sigforum.com member and I hear a lot of issues with their guns functioning.

What is more important to you? Good customer service, or the gun going bang every time?

PS don't want to start a flame war, I enjoy sigs very much!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Actually I spend most of my time on ARFCOM and the Hide. Handguns are a tool to get to a carbine or rifle. But, I do carry concealed all the time.

·
4,426 Posts
39 month old thread resurfacing. That must be a record.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I've never had a Sig not go bang every time I pull the trigger.
I used to think that until I bought a P220 Compact SAS.

It's a five shooter, supposed to be a six.

Stop on over at Sig Forum and you'll here about a Sig or three not going bang every time.

To hell and back reliability my arse.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts