HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So what does this mean? Maybe something, maybe not but I figured this should start the conversation again regarding the UCP and P7 weapons. If the guns are not going to be available to the public, why even offer them? Limited distribution of these weapons mean only LE and the Mil could use them, but why would the ammo be available for sale to the general public?

Fiocchi Sinterfire 1000rd case- http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=131872&t=11082005

Fiocchi 40g FMJ 1000rd case-
http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=529718&t=11082005

Fiocchi 40g Barrier Soft Point 1000rd case-
http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=672959&t=11082005

Hmmmm. Let the Debate begin again. Now remember, don't shoot the messenger. :D

·
Registered
329 Posts
To be honest I couldn't be less interested, These guns such as the PS90, MP7, 5-7, 6.8 carbines, etc. Are appealing on paper until you look at the ammo costs, I'd much rather shoot squib loaded 9mm's then a 5.7 or a 4.6.

I share the same sentiments with automatic rifles, Sure they're fun to shoot, but the few times I have shot them all I could see was $5 coming out of my gun every 10 seconds :(

I'm sure many people disagree with me but thats my opinion on these "exotic" cartidge guns.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not for everyone

That's the beauty of having a choice. You can see it as one thing but another sees it in a totally different light. Would I buy a MP7 or UCP? Heck yeah! For the same reason that i own a USG and PS90. Not logic, nor need but simply because of want. All things considered, are the 4.6 or 5.7 ammo that much more expensive to shoot than .308 or .223? The ammo is substantially more expensive than 9mm, .40SW and .45ACP, but I tell you I enjoy shooting the neutered 5.7 due to the smooth, almost non-existent recoil. Now if only I get started on reloading all that 5.7 brass I 've been saving, we're going to be talking a few more bucks in savings.

·
Registered
311 Posts
That's quite interesting. If you recall, there was a rumor here a few months ago that H&K would sell a SBR'd MP7. Maybe there's some truth to that rumor. But I still doubt it'll happen (but have my credit card ready, just in case!).

·
Registered
329 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that manufacturers give people the choice to buy what they want. I just wish that manufacturers would not over inflate prices on ammo just due to the fact that there is not enough supply nor demand for it.

With that said, I bet reloading for it is about as cheap as loading 9mm.

·
Registered
870 Posts
COME ON EVERYONE!!!! Seriously, if HK won't give us common folk a HK416, what makes you think they will let you have a MP7???

·
Registered
104 Posts
I would buy either gun. This is a good sign. Maybe HK would never sell the UCP to civilians. However, plenty of distributors could and would without hesitation. The UCP wouldn't be affected by any ban and could be easily brought in. With ammo now available, they could be the next hot thing.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I would buy either gun. This is a good sign. Maybe HK would never sell the UCP to civilians. However, plenty of distributors could and would without hesitation. The UCP wouldn't be affected by any ban and could be easily brought in. With ammo now available, they could be the next hot thing.
Problem is, i dont know if the UCP is even in any sort of limeted production yet... It would make sence (given the success of the FiveSeveN) that HK would import them, especially since the 922r doesn't apply, and no US factory required (like it would be to make a 416 for public consumption).

I would be Cautiously optimistic.... Tho you can not discredit the theory that manufactoror may be selling ammo when theres no gun made for/available for it :p

Ammo fort anyone?

An SBRed MP7 would be cool, but again, wouldn't it be banned for civie import by the same bans that judge the 416/9X series?

·
Premium Member
3,869 Posts
Problem is, i dont know if the UCP is even in any sort of limeted production yet... It would make sence (given the success of the FiveSeveN) that HK would import them, especially since the 922r doesn't apply, and no US factory required (like it would be to make a 416 for public consumption).

I would be Cautiously optimistic.... Tho you can not discredit the theory that manufactoror may be selling ammo when theres no gun made for/available for it :p

Ammo fort anyone?

An SBRed MP7 would be cool, but again, wouldn't it be banned for civie import by the same bans that judge the 416/9X series?[/QUOTE]

Unless a significant portion of it was built State side....

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
That's the beauty of having a choice. You can see it as one thing but another sees it in a totally different light. Would I buy a MP7 or UCP? Heck yeah! For the same reason that i own a USG and PS90. Not logic, nor need but simply because of want. All things considered, are the 4.6 or 5.7 ammo that much more expensive to shoot than .308 or .223? The ammo is substantially more expensive than 9mm, .40SW and .45ACP, but I tell you I enjoy shooting the neutered 5.7 due to the smooth, almost non-existent recoil. Now if only I get started on reloading all that 5.7 brass I 've been saving, we're going to be talking a few more bucks in savings.

JumpmanUSC: I got a notification from Midway-USA a week or so ago that they have the Lyman 5.7 dies in stock. Time to start loading.

I agree, need has nothing to do with getting one for 99% of us. Want has everything to do with it. I don't need my USG or PS90 either, in fact, I have not even shot them and I've had them for over two years, still I have about 500 rounds on hand and all the stuff to start reloading IF I decide I want to.
UCP? I'd get one in a heart-beat. MP-7? That is the thing of which dreams are made. Will I get one? Not unless they make it in semi for civilian consumption and that is about as likely to happen as me winning the lottery when I don't even buy tickets.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the low down on those dies BB. I just need to get some reliable loading data for subsonic loads. The G5 can I have for my PS90 is crying out for quieter mates.
I'm sorry, I digress. In the current climate we have, these guns- the UCP and semi-MP7 could still be possible. Long shot? Sure. We all know the myriad of reasons why they won't or don't sell us these firearms. Whether you agree with those reasons or not, it doesn't change the fact that HK has steadfastly refused to sell them in civi-legal configurations. Now, for the good news- ammo is available, and as far as we know, not restricted to LE or Mil only (at least the ones Midway offers and will be offering). I admit that this has fueled my interest in HK guns more than anything recently and until seeing the ammo, I was very much resigned to the fact that they will never,ever,ever sell me a gun using this cartridge. Now I have hope, albeit a slim one, solely resting on the idea that since ammo is available, the guns shouldn't be far behind. I may be off here but I recall seeing SS192 ammo available before the IOM was released and before an official announcement from FN that the gun would be available. Again, if this turns out to be nothing but a pipe dream, I have lost nothing. Then again, I may be holding on a little tighter to available funds for that chance to get one of these babies if they ever get released.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

·
Registered
59 Posts
No one has mentioned the possibility of a MP7 Pistol along the lines of the Brugger and Thomet TP9.
Couldn't a stockless, semi-auto variant be imported as a pistol?
I haven't read anything about a semi-auto variant but I would be surprised if HK doesn't already have one.
If so the only thing preventing import would be HK policy.

·
Registered
560 Posts
^^^You took the words right out of my mouth. I dont know anything about HK's civilian sales plan, but my first thought was "MP7 pistol" with everything but full auto and the stock. It seems like that would be alot easier than selling it as an SBR. Not as cool though.....

·
Registered
870 Posts
If they sold the MP7 as a pistol, And you could add the stock once you SBRed it that would be Ubber cool! But I think in HK's eyes the MP7 looks too politicaly incorect to let civilians have in any form! I would bet it doesn't happen!!! :mad:

·
Super Moderator
2,831 Posts
whenever I see the Mp7 in use(TV or pics) it seems they never use the stock.....why I dunno

If they sold the MP7 as a pistol, And you could add the stock once you SBRed it that would be Ubber cool! But I think in HK's eyes the MP7 looks too politicaly incorect to let civilians have in any form! I would bet it doesn't happen!!! :mad:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts