HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have or shot one of the 40 Experts. I would like one in 9mm, however they seem to be hard to come by.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The .40 expert is amazing. The flaws are the black on black sight which red nail polish fixes, and the cost of the mags (if you find them). The difference in price vs the std usp is worth it. Smoooooth shooting and well built. I would get one while you can.... they will not be around to much longer. Its not a gun you will part with.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I agree.. Get one while you can.. however I prefer blacked out target sights to any other kind of sight (for range use). They are extremely easy for me. You could perhaps swap out the front sight with a fiber optic/tritium instead of using nail polish. Not sure who makes one though. I'd just get it and not look back. But consider the .45! I'm bias though.

·
Registered
18,635 Posts
I agree.. Get one while you can.. however I prefer blacked out target sights to any other kind of sight (for range use). They are extremely easy for me. You could perhaps swap out the front sight with a fiber optic/tritium instead of using nail polish. Not sure who makes one though. I'd just get it and not look back. But consider the .45! I'm bias though.
I am told the Ameriglo front sight will fit the Expert. It's 8.9mm tall.

Ameriglo Tritum Suppressor Front Night Sight - USP EXPERT - Top Gun Supply

I ordered one of the remaining USP .40 Experts from CDNN today.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Great info. If i end up wanting to swap mine out i'll check out the Ameriglo....

CONGRATS! Awesome! Post some pics and give us a range report when you can. I'm long over due for range time with my Expert. Haven't shot it in 3 weeks. I'm really slippin' here!

·
Registered
18,635 Posts
Great info. If i end up wanting to swap mine out i'll check out the Ameriglo....

CONGRATS! Awesome! Post some pics and give us a range report when you can. I'm long over due for range time with my Expert. Haven't shot it in 3 weeks. I'm really slippin' here!
Thanks, william. Will do when I get it this weekend.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Awesome! You're lucky in Florida you can take advantage of the jet funnel/high cap clear mags. In CA the 40 is without these. I held one when I got my .45... they had my .45 Expert, a CA legal .40 Expert.. and a .45 Elite (which I was tempted to buy as well)

·
Registered
18,635 Posts
Awesome! You're lucky in Florida you can take advantage of the jet funnel/high cap clear mags. In CA the 40 is without these. I held one when I got my .45... they had my .45 Expert, a CA legal .40 Expert.. and a .45 Elite (which I was tempted to buy as well)
I think the Jet Funnel + mag help balance the gun nicely. I have JF on my two CC's and the feel is very well balanced. I am sure it'll be the same with this .40 Expert.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I think the Jet Funnel + mag help balance the gun nicely. I have JF on my two CC's and the feel is very well balanced. I am sure it'll be the same with this .40 Expert.
I'm sure it does help with the balance. They look very nice. Kind of sets the gun apart from other USP's. . I still don't mind not having it on my .45 though :wink:

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I was not aware there was a front nite sight available for the Expert. I like it, I used flourescent model paint on both my 9mm Expert & Elite models for better visibility. But I am really digging the front nite sight replacement for the Expert. Is it the same for the Elite also ?

·
Registered
18,635 Posts
I was not aware there was a front nite sight available for the Expert. I like it, I used flourescent model paint on both my 9mm Expert & Elite models for better visibility. But I am really digging the front nite sight replacement for the Expert. Is it the same for the Elite also ?
According to this post, it is. I don't have one to confirm, but you could PM fatmat.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I ordered one of the remaining USP .40 Experts from CDNN today.
Nice! I just got one in 45 myself last week. Those 40's were very tempting at that price. However, I already own another usp in 45 and had mags for it. I shot mine the second day I had it. Very nice!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just got the Expert 40 V1. It is really an excellent piece of work - an almost perfect combination of features with great accuracy. This is no CCW though! I put 450 rounds through it in the first 2 weeks. Some people complain about the rough grip on the front and back straps, but when you are shooting it, you don't think about it at all. It does not rough up your hands. You definitely want to have a good grip on it and you get it.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Just got the Expert 40 V1. It is really an excellent piece of work - an almost perfect combination of features with great accuracy. This is no CCW though! I put 450 rounds through it in the first 2 weeks. Some people complain about the rough grip on the front and back straps, but when you are shooting it, you don't think about it at all. It does not rough up your hands. You definitely want to have a good grip on it and you get it.
The grip texture on sides and front/back straps are amazing. Perfect. Sweaty palms don't have a chance against it .

1 - 20 of 28 Posts