HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If a person has a USP .40F, can they buy a .357Sig barrel and use it in the same pistol?
If this is possible, what would you need? Just the barrel, or do you need to change magazines, spring's etc?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Not in the full size. It works perfectly in the Compact but you will more than likely have feeding problems in the full size. HK tried to bring out the full size in .357 SIG and even they could not make it work with the standard magazine. It was scrubbed before it ever went into production.
You can try with an after market barrel if you like but you have been warned as have so many others.
The only person I have heard of it working out had to do a lot of modifying to the barrel and to the magazine. Not worth it IMHO but try if you want.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did not know, this bit of information. I will pass, even on an aftermarket barrel.

Thanks for the reply, and the help

·
Registered
8 Posts
If I remember correctly there was some talk awhile back about HK making the .357sig barrel available to HKPRO Premium Members...am I crazy? (I would love to have an original factory barrel to drop into my P2K--just like my Uncle can do with his SIGs).

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
It should work fine in the P2K as it does in the USPC since the only difference between a .40 and .357 SIG P2K is the caliber of the barrel. The barrels are listed as going to be available but its anyone's guess when they actually will show up. Until then keep your eyes open.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts