HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know if the civie versions will accept a previously registered sear???

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,740 Posts
One would think that an RDIAS would work if everything is to current AR spec, but I've learned never to be convinced until I see it.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
One would think that an RDIAS would work if everything is to current AR spec, but I've learned never to be convinced until I see it.
Is that legal? I know there are some limitations as to what you can move a sear into, but maybe since they're both for AR platforms, it's ok?

For example, you can repair damage to a sear, whether its a fleming or a RDIAS, but I know there is some limitation. Otherwise, I'm fairly confident I could make the operation of a semi-auto mini-gun run in full auto with the addition of an HK sear, after a significant amount of welding and grinding on it. Sure, it may not look anything like the original, but you could be sure that some section of the hk sear was in there somewhere.

But man, if they are useable in a 416 or 417, watch out for RDIAS prices! Might be a good time to buy one.

·
Registered
187 Posts
There are limitations on what you can put it in I'm sure. However, there's no limitation on putting it in the same weapon of a different manufacture. Any AR lower that is in spec can fit an RDIAS. An AR lower is an AR lower. Similar to a Flemming sear in an HK, as long as the base weapons are similar and it's registered in each caliber it shouldn't be a problem. I think the rub is that you can't modify the sear in order to make it work (a repair yes, a modification being competely different). I'm pretty sure putting one in a Gatling gun would require too much modification to be legal.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I know people remove sear blocks in AR,s all of the time to fit a registered drop in sear so I would think it is perfectly legal as long as it is going in a AR15 type lower.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
There are limitations on what you can put it in I'm sure. However, there's no limitation on putting it in the same weapon of a different manufacture. Any AR lower that is in spec can fit an RDIAS. An AR lower is an AR lower. Similar to a Flemming sear in an HK, as long as the base weapons are similar and it's registered in each caliber it shouldn't be a problem. I think the rub is that you can't modify the sear in order to make it work (a repair yes, a modification being competely different). I'm pretty sure putting one in a Gatling gun would require too much modification to be legal.
Yes, I know for a fact that it would be illegal, but just haven't seen the text that explains it is.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
man i wish i had the cash for a rdias right now.
anyone want to buy a kidney???

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
"know for a fact it would be illegal" "just havn't seen the text that explains it is."

Is it just me that doesn't understand this?
Damnit, you're gonna make me look it up now aren't you... ;)

Back in 5..... days. I'll find it. So far, I've found the part that states you can't modify the receiver of one gun to make a registered sear work with it. If you do, you now have two MGs.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
An AR sear is an AR sear.It IS the MG so it doesnt matter which brand you put it in.Unless it was registered reciever converted using the RDIAS or something like that.If it fits it is legal.Just like putting a sear pack in a PTR,HK,SW,CA etc it doesnt matter who makes it as long as its the same type of host.So a RDIAS would fit in a HK (416),Colt,RR,Bushmaster, Etc. is all legal.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
man i wish i had the cash for a rdias right now.
anyone want to buy a kidney???

Sniper,You are going to be all parted out after that drop in sear and PDW !lol

·
Registered
216 Posts
I am in the process of buying a Colt M16A1/M4A3 sear gun. Does anyone know if we will have access to the full auto picto 416 lowers like the way we can get G36 and UMP lowers?

Does my question make sense? If we can't than there is no way to utilize the sear in it. I am new to full auto M16/AR15 type weapons so I am not sure about the specifics of moving it to a 416/417 whenever they come out

Thanks

·
Registered
187 Posts
I am in the process of buying a Colt M16A1/M4A3 sear gun. Does anyone know if we will have access to the full auto picto 416 lowers like the way we can get G36 and UMP lowers?

Does my question make sense? If we can't than there is no way to utilize the sear in it. I am new to full auto M16/AR15 type weapons so I am not sure about the specifics of moving it to a 416/417 whenever they come out

Thanks
As in an M16 registered receiver? Or an RDIAS? Depending on what you're purchasing, it could go either way. If it's a registered receiver (I'd hesitate call it a sear gun as almost all AR lowers are RDIAS compatible), the receiver is what is registered and has the tax stamp, not the auto sear inside. It'll also have an extra hole in the receiver for the standard auto sear. The sear itself is not the registered item.

On the other hand, if you're buying an RDIAS (Registered Drop-In Auto Sear) then you're actually getting a registered sear that fits in any standard mil-spec lower. It's a block that imitates the auto sear in a F/A receiver, and there is no hole in the receiver for the auto sear. This is the same concept as a Flemming sear in an HK.

If you're purchasing the receiver, short of having a Class II overweld and remark the indicators with pictograms, you can't do anything about the lower. Since the receiver itself is the registered component you're stuck with it. You can put any upper on it that you want, but you'll never be able to have a F/A HK416 as it'll be a Colt lower.

If you're purchasing an RDIAS, you can put it in any mil-spec lower that will accommodate it. In this way, you could have a F/A 416. It won't be the same as a real factory F/A as it won't have an auto sear in the trigger components and no hole in the receiver for such. It'll still be F/A and still an HK F/A, just not manufactured from HK as F/A. It's kinda like putting a sear in a 94. Sure it's a F/A HK, buuuuuuuuuut.........

·
Registered
216 Posts
It's a RDIAS. With that being said, do you think we will have access to the picto full auto 416 lower to be able to drop it into?

Thanks

·
Registered
216 Posts
I think everyone has missed my original question. I know the RDIAS will fit in a 416 lower, but does anyone know if we will be able to buy a picto lower that shows full auto or will it be a semi only "looking" lower with no marking when the selector is on full?

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,740 Posts
I don't think anyone outside of HK knows that at this point. And I wouldn't hold my breath thinking that they have even thought it out that far. First, get the semi-weapons in production for sale in the States (as Pro has indicated, late 2008, maybe 2009). Then, see what kind of parts situation exists. I would think that stripped lowers would be available as spares for FA. But speculating if they actually are or when they might be available is pure imagination at this point.

Remember this is HK. Things take time and do not always make sense to us commoners. It's still a pain to get real HK rails for the USC... that has nothing to do with bans of any sort!

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sniper,You are going to be all parted out after that drop in sear and PDW !lol
maybe, though i still havent had any takers on the pdw trade. its all good though, someone will need some semi-vital organs sooner or later. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts