HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Brownell's BRN-4 and the 416 Upper. I sent them both off to San Antonio Laser Engraving today to get marked.

My first question is - On the right side of the lower, how should I mark it? What's the difference? Is any more or less desirable?

Heckler & Koch GmbH
Made in Germany

with

Heckler & Koch Inc.
Columbus GA

or

Heckler & Koch
Defense Inc.
Sterling VA

or

Heckler & Koch
Defense Inc.
Ashburn VA

My HK Upper from Brownell's is getting marked so my second question is -
Should I mark with a customize a serial number based on genuine HK Upper markings?
Most of the 416 Uppers I have seen have "XX-XXXXXX".
The unmarked HK upper from Brownell's has "X-XXXX".
I'm thinking of adding zero's to make "0X-XXXX00" and more like the genuine.
Good idea? Bad Idea?

Last question - Put the warning on the front of the lower or leave it off?

I appreciate all your comments and answers. Thanks for helping me as always.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
The first part of your question depends on if you want the upper and lower markings to be matching based on the date code on the upper.
Would leave the front markings off because they will be over the Brownells markings. And who likes warning labels anyways...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The first part of your question depends on if you want the upper and lower markings to be matching based on the date code on the upper.
Would leave the front markings off because they will be over the Brownells markings. And who likes warning labels anyways...
Good point...The date code would be tied to question #1. What would you reccomend? I'm looking for a way to go :)

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Would pick what you want for the upper, then match the lower based on that. Choose what is desirable to you. At the end if the day it will still be a clone regardless.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Leave the warnings off-I put them on and regretted it. Don't know what I was thinking ����*♂ hate them on SP5k and SP5.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Would pick what you want for the upper, then match the lower based on that. Choose what is desirable to you. At the end if the day it will still be a clone regardless.
Yep, I realize it's a clone. I'm just looking for opinions as to what other clone builders have done regarding the markings. Thanks hkpsp for your input.

So two (2) votes for leaving the warning markings off the front of the lower then....Cjude, thank you for your input. I was leaning that direction unless someone convinces me otherwise.

Anyone else have opinion on date codes and markings?

I've learned (not opposed to using this):
AH and AI are the correct date codes for semi auto 416.
BA is Ashburn VA

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've decided on an 11 inch barrel and am trying really hard to get in touch with Beth and Marvin at Nefarious about it....... Additionally, I'll be using the (Waffen Burk) Adjustable Gas Block made for the MR223 and HK416. I ordered this past Friday. I'm thinking of a 1.6 mm gas port in order to use the full range of the gas block for suppressor and standard use.

I sent the lower AND the upper off to San Antonio Laser Engraving to be marked this past Thursday and I have to choose a date code for marking the upper by tomorrow - Tuesday.

Having the 11" barrel I'm thinking of marking the upper with a BE date code (11" barrel and that date code seem to be a rarer combo). Possible and have something unique? What's your thoughts?

What (if any) City, State should I be using with BE Date code??

·
Registered
14 Posts
I went with Ashburn, VA. That is what was on the demilled receiver which my upper and components originated from. I also had my engraving done my San Antonio laser engraving and had them add the warning on the front of my BRN-4 receiver.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I used SALE to do my engraving as well. My upper is BE date coded so I went with Ashburn, VA. If you want a semi accurate clone match you lower to your upper. Just my $0.02

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Is the engraving just marking, or is it deep enough to survive a cerakote? Did they do the other side also?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Is the engraving just marking, or is it deep enough to survive a cerakote? Did they do the other side also?
The laser engraving is very light and only on the surface. You would want to cerakote prior to the laser engraving.
Thanks, Randy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts