HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
HKPro Professional
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I thought some of you might find this interesting. Below is a quote from the website for the Nashville Police Department in Tennessee.

Phase V: Tactical Rifle Training. (24 hours)
Applicants who have met the minimum basic training standards, advanced training standards, and benchmarks may be selected to attend the SWAT Tactical Rifle Training School. This course introduces the applicants to the proper use of the Colt M-4, Heckler and Koch 416, the Sig-Sauer 552P, and the Heckler and Koch MP-5N machineguns. The training will be conducted utilizing iron sights, Aimpoint optics, and PVS-14 night vision devices.
Here's a link to the SWAT selection page as well:
http://police.nashville.org/bureaus/fieldops/swat_selection.htm

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Very cool! Those guys need all the firepower they can get. Aren't parts of the Nashville area a warzone?

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Well, I don't know if you could say warzone. But I live on the outskirts of Antioch, and I have enough firepower to arm everyone on my street and then some. So take that for what you will :)

Got to spend a bit of time with a Williamson County (Franklin) SWAT member about a year ago. They had recently been issued new FN P90s, he showed me the one in his trunk. Nice.

Thanks,
James

·
Registered
381 Posts
It seems that it will become the new standard of M4 style rifles.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I live north of Nashville and trust me it is not a war zone downtown, it is def not as bad as NJ. Anyway i work in a local gun shop and know 2 SWAT guys very well, one has a Sig 551 and the other carries and Colt m4 and a MP-5 a2. Unless SWAT has got the 416's in the last few weeks, which I highly doubt, they dont have any of them. Nashville SWAT dosent even have a .50 yet, what makes u think that they would buy new 416's, the damn metro police cheif wont even let officers carry a carbine in their cars. I guess it will take one of the officers getting hurt or killed before he wakes up. Rant off...
-Jason G

·
Registered
114 Posts
Most of the other large city SWAT teams DO have .50's specifically Barrett's, i have this knowledge on good faith. I agree that a .50 should not be used just for human targets, it way too big and goes too far, but they work very well at stopping cars, truck, or in some cases tanks.
-Jason G

·
Registered
86 Posts
They had recently been issued new FN P90s, he showed me the one in his trunk. Nice.

Thanks,
James
Now there is a useless weapon for LE. Funny thing is how LE loves to justify the switch from 9mm upwards due to caliber being too small.....but then buy the P90's.

LOL

typical

·
Registered
114 Posts
I dont really want to get into slandering another local gun shop on here but i have heard from alot of our customers that their customer service is not up to par... What have you experienced there?
-Jason G

·
Registered
285 Posts
about the same

one guy in particular...I mentioned to a customer while standing at the counter that the Walther P99 was a great gun, and this guy jumped down my throat. he thought i was trying to sell this guy a walther. I said no sir i was just recomending this weapon of choice. He never apologized for it. Another example is when I had my SL8-1 transfered and they had the gun in there for 3 days before doing the paperwork. They told me it wasnt there and I told them it was according to UPS tracking. lol Thank god for UPS tracking. so my particular exp. has not been good with them. but hey not alot of options here. pm in private and let me know which shop your at and ill check you guys out. Ive been looking for a STG 556 AUG clone for a while also. hehe

1 - 18 of 18 Posts