HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know if there is a mount that will support both a ACOG scope and a RDS for a 416 upper? Thanks

I want to buy both and would the transition between either to be as seamless as possible.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I don't think there is such a thing since different optics attach to the mount differently.

The transition would not be seemless, since even if you did have a mount that could fit both, once you unsrewed the mount from one optic and tried to mount it to the other, you would have to resight in from scratch.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think there is such a thing since different optics attach to the mount differently.

The transition would not be seemless, since even if you did have a mount that could fit both, once you unsrewed the mount from one optic and tried to mount it to the other, you would have to resight in from scratch.
Okay this is where my inexperience with rifles is shining through. I was under the impression the mount was placed on the rail first and then the sight/scope attached. That's why I was wondering if my previous question was possible. Thanks for informing me!

I'll just buy a RDS and ACOG and the mount for each.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I really like the LaRue set up with a ACOG as the primary optic, and then use an AImpoint Micro in an offset mount. It works great.

get-attachment.aspx.jpeg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts