HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm almost done with all my modifications to my MR556, but I still have a couple of items left on my list. My current agenda is to send my MR556 to Jason at IGF and go for the 10.5" cut down. While waiting, I'm saving my last bit of pennies for a compensator. Which, leads me to my question.

Is the BattleComp II the only good option out there? Minus the KAC Inconnel Flash Hider.

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
The MB556K from Surefire is a fair option as all of their muzzle devices are of excellent quality. I had a BattleComp II pinned onto a 14.5" gun...I'm indifferent about it. Both were ok, but in the end, I prefer a good flash hider instead.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I should of added my wanting a suppressor setup also, so I really want the best of both worlds, a great compensator that will attach to a suppressor. So its looking like either the KAC Inconel Flash Hider with M4/M16 QDSS-NT4 Suppressor, or the Blackout™ 51T Muzzle Brake and SPR/M4 Fast-Attach Silencer. I really want the best bang for the buck in this situation. I am leaning more towards the KAC setup

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I like the SF and Battlecomps for muzzle brakes. We don't get the opportunity to use cans down here so you're on your own with that.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I prefer the AAC setup, myself. I have the MITER mount system on two guns and considering adding it to another. It's a tiny bit more than the regular 51T, but the POI adjustment (is adjustment really the right word?) features of it are well worth it. The cost difference ( $200 on the can and $25 on each MB compared with their 51T system) is insignificant when you look at the big picture of what you've spent on the total package. If I was absolutely only ever going to use it on one gun, I might not go that route. If you ever use the one can on another platform, you'll be glad you have the MITER.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I picked up a lightly used KAC Triple Tap Break for $230. Not really sure if I will see a big difference with my full size MR223. I went with it thinking of dropping the barrel to 10.4" in about 6 months. Anyone have any experience with this break? It was pretty hard droppin that kind of dough for it

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is what I'm thinking too. I guess we will see, does anyone know the going price for the cut down with Jason at IGF?

·
Registered
590 Posts
You can email Jayson, he is very good about responding to emails or at least he was with mine.

To shorten barrel to 10.4" and rethread he quoted me $145 plus shipping
To mod the gas block. $ $75
reprofile barrel and reparkerize. $80

Much less than I thought it would be.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts