HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi. I'm in the UK and trying to get a civilian legal mr556.
current UK law means anything above .22lr cannot be semi auto.
there are plenty of straight pull AR15 uppers to chose from over here and I'd rather use one of them than pay £3000+ on a mr556 upper and then have to take out all the gas/piston parts to make it legal.
so I'm looking at making a clone.
what I need is the iconic 416 forearm.
our straight pull AR15 uppers are compatible with all or most usual AR15 accessories, but I'm not sure if the 416 forearm is attachable to an AR15 upper, or if not is there is some sort of adapter so it can be done.

any help or info will be much appreciated.

p.s. please no one suggest i get the .22lr 416. I'm after a 556 rifle.

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
I don't know what kind of threading/pitch it uses, but one might be able to use an HK barrel nut as that is essential to how the fore end is mounted. Granted, all this is theoretical.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Just to let you know, the 416 rail is taller then the standard AR15 rail, so the top rail will be WAY off... Also there is a notch cut into the upper half on a 416 that a tab on the handguard fits into that keeps the rail from moving and allowing it to return to zero. you would have to either cut a notch into the upper half or cut the tab off... either way you'd need to also figure out top rail height on the upper half to line it up or itll look very far off. then you also have to figure out barrel nut situations like pointblank said. blackmarket parts has a clone rail off the TD415 and their barrel nut but TD clone upper are even taller then HK top rails so that would further add to the top rail issue you will come across.

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
I forgot about that. Good point, manik.

Not to be rude to the op, but considering what an expensive and butchered mess a rifle like this would be, why not invest in some of the fine precision bolt actions that are available there? I have even seen some rigs that aren't even available here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts