HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for BUIS for a 10.5" HK 416 that will be a duty gun once it arrives. I currently have Troy BUIS on my existing AR and like them. If I mount the Troy sights on the HK, will they zero correctly?

If not, I am willing to acquire and mount the HK diopter sights but, I want to mount an Aimpoint Comp M3 on a Larue mount for lower 1/3 co-witnessing with the BUIS. I know this will work with the Troy sights, but was not sure about the HK diopter sights if that ends up being the route I have to take. Can anyone relate their experiences with this?

I realize the HK receiver rail is higher than a standard AR receiver/rail, but what has thrown me is my lack of knowledge as to how this difference would affect sights/optics made for standard ARs. My understanding is the HK diopter sights are made lower than standard AR sights to compensate for the height, but how does this affect optics and co-witnessing?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i have a 14.5 and a 10 inch upper w/ aimpoint that co-witness perfectly w/ the factory diopters and half ghost. it is not hard to pic up the site picture through the 100 meter dopter hole either! i use a A.R.M.S. MOUNT II m68 w/ a aimpoint comp m3 2 moa. the laser dot is right on point of impact and the factory sites were spot on from the factory! A.R.M.S. also have blocks to raise the height of the m68 if you need the height.
larure makes a mount for the 416 but was not mfg them the last time i checked, but i would try to contact him.
as far as the troy sites i don't know but if they are adjustable i don''t know why they won't work
i hope this is not confusing and helps a little.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/aimpoint-arms-22-m68-10950.html
http://www.mountsplus.com/thestore/arms_spacers.html

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information. I would like to be able to co-witness in the lower 1/3 of the optic (EOTech or Aimpoint) like I do now on my AR. I could try my existing Troy's and optic/mount on the 416. They currently work the way I want them to on my AR, so I am hoping I can dial them in with the 416 even though its rail is .375" higher.

I wouldn't mind trying the Centurion Arms version of the sights on the 416, and then be able to use the standard LaRue optic mounts. That would make it easy. I sent an inquiry to Centurion about this to see if they will zero on a 416 rail, but have not heard back yet.

I'll have plenty of time to think about it as I am hearing the 416 delivery date is 90-120 days out.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yes, I believe the Troy sites will zero correctly and will co-witness with an eotech on a 10" 416 upper.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Troy Ind. has confirmed that as well. They also mentioned that HK itself had been using the Troy sights on at least some of their 416 setups with no problems.

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Does anyone know if the B&T qd low mount with B&T rings would also work on the 416 with the Aimpoint (I mean for co-witness)?

·
Registered
58 Posts
The receiver rail is higher but it's still level with the handguard's rail. So, if you use Brand A's front and rear together, they will align properly.

You can use the plethora of information regarding cowitnessing Aimpoints and Eotechs on AR15s from now on since your sights and dot sight mount will all sit on the same rail regardless of the rail's height over bore.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts