HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the difference, if any , between the 416 triggers that are stamped “M” vs “S?” Is one earlier production than the other?
Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think the difference of that is MR 556 and HK 416

·
Registered
102 Posts
If you have a picture of the two we may be able to give better advice. I have never paid much attention to the writings on the trigger but the select fire hammer will have a longer more angled tail to catch the sear while the semi will not. I will update with a picture of the select fire hammer once I am back in shop. Also to accompany what JohnCea has written, the writing could indicate the hammer version; m16 or hk416.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I think the difference of that is MR 556 and HK 416
MR556 and MR223's use a unique 2-piece trigger design to allow for the selector to go on safe with the hammer forward. HK has made several distinct changes to the whole fire control group to achieve this.
Here's some proprietary HK trigger parts (full-auto, 2-stage):

The "S" marks are seen on several milspec triggers as I'd wager they are all contracted sourced from the same OEM:

It's been noted here before that depending on the age of the 416, Doublestar was the source for lower parts in the early days and likely what people are getting for the $500 "HK 416" LPK's.

·
Registered
102 Posts
All I had were "S" triggers myself and they all came from 416's. I did check zib and saw a few "M" marked trigger housings, they were semi-auto with a closed tail on the trigger housing so a select fire disconnect could not be used.

In short, I honestly do not know why the markings are on the trigger or hammer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts