HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking around on these forums and a few other places and haven't really been able to find exactly what I'm looking to ask, but if there is a thread please direct me there.

Anyways, I am trying to acquire a HK416 Upper and I've heard from tons of people that they are very rare to find in the US, so that lead me to think about buying one from the HK factory and getting it shipped or picking it up on my own. Is this a
possibility or are upper receivers restricted from importation or what?

Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
527 Posts
You will not be able to buy anything directly from Oberndorff. The 416 uppers are not as rare as they are pricey, and you would need to create a Short Barrelled Rifle lower to mount it on, which is an additional 200.00 to the total cost.

Mark

·
Registered
893 Posts
...you would need to create a Short Barrelled Rifle lower to mount it on, which is an additional 200.00 to the total cost.
Mark
If you don't want to SBR it, a 1.5"+ flash hider pinned and welded over per ATF regs on a 14.5" upper will keep it title one.
And for the op, the barrels on the uppers are the part that is restricted from importation for "non-sporting" arms.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts