HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are these bushings any different than the 416/MR556A1/MR223A1 bushings?

Can anyone get me a part number or where I might be able to get a few?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bushing that is in the 416A5 and MR223A3

There is a roll pin in that area, where as earlier versions do not....

·
Premium Member
4,004 Posts
I'm sure many people would be willing to answer your question, however I'm at a loss as to what "bushings" you are referring to? perhaps you forgot to include a link or a picture?

·
Premium Member
4,004 Posts
Oh, I got ya' now. You know, I never noticed that. I know all three of the 416 upper receivers I have are the same, no pin, the bushing is simply threaded in, and I'm pretty sure some type of Locktite is used. I had a hell of a time getting one of them out so I could refinish the upper.

I will check my MR/CR when I get home, but I've never noticed a pin in it. Without checking, I suspect that is an A5/A3 upgrade, which are unavailable to us here in the States so far.

As for the different contour on the back of the receiver, I've not noticed that on any of my rifles either, but I will double check when I get home.

Hopefully, we can get you some definitive answers???

·
Registered
249 Posts
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/teufelshund-tactical/202895-notes-hk416-armorer-course.html

"Moving back, the next update is a more aggressive barrel nut and an updated bushing for the operating rod's interface with the upper receiver. In previous variants, that bushing screwed into position. On the A5, the bushing is inserted in and held in place with a retaining pin. This modification increases the life span of the bushing and prevents creep."

The receiver contour/profile changes are HK416A5/MR223A3 specific as well. The A5/MR223A3 upper is fairly significantly different from the "Legacy" HK416/MR556A1 upper.

~Augee

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,703 Posts
The A1-A3 is part number 203576. I don't know what the A5 number is, but if you find out, share the knowledge please.

·
Premium Member
4,004 Posts
Interesting, and good to know

·
Registered
700 Posts
Is there a Torque Spec for this bushing on HK416 and MR556 uppers?

TC
I believe this bushing is now secured in a way that you will hardly ever see it come lose. I have not seen or heard about that one ever being an issue. That said, we have those pinned bushings for a couple of years now and not heard or seen a case of this being an issue part at all.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I believe this bushing is now secured in a way that you will hardly ever see it come lose. I have not seen or heard about that one ever being an issue. That said, we have those pinned bushings for a couple of years now and not heard or seen a case of this being an issue part at all.
Thanks for your response!

I removed this bushing from my MR upper during a refinish. Upon install I snugged it up but was curious if there is a posted spec. If there is I will make sure it gets torqued.

TC

·
Registered
161 Posts
The A1-A3 is part number 203576. I don't know what the A5 number is, but if you find out, share the knowledge please.
Many thanks for information, this part is egual on mr 308 and mr223, but where you find this part number? because on the pdf mr223 or 308 there is not present, in HK Germany no result this part number for order? I need one for my 308.

thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts