HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I am starting to produce a lower for HK417.
The reason behind this is to use Magpul mags and also have made the lower ambidextreus.
We are also soon making a new forend for it.

I would however like to know if the is any technical differances betwen 417 and MR308.
Or if anything that works with 417 will also work with MR308?

Regards Håkan

·
Registered
232 Posts
For information, the 417 lower isn't the same to MR308...

You can't mount a 417 upper on MR308, it's the same problem with MR223 and the ar15 upper !!!

Only MR556/762 are compatible with 416/417 upper and the others ar15/10 upper...

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
What is the deal with the lower and the 2 big circles protruding out of the magwel? That looks a lot like a KAC 308 lower also.....

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That gun on the picture is a HK417.
THe two circles are my interfaces, that gives the user a possiblity to add assesories in the future there.
We are using the same system on scopemounts, G36 rails, forends both G36 and 417 and our grenade launcher mounts.
The idea is that instead of adding a lot of wieght that the picatinny does, the user add the picatinny if he needs it.
You can read more about our interfaces in our catalog.
http://www.spuhr.com/Spuhr Catalog 2011.pdf

The rear circles around the hammer and trigger pins are my solution of a non rotating pin.

Håkan

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Spuhr,

I love the G36 rail you guys are offering. I also like your idea of a HK417 lower that can use Magpul 20LR/SR-25 mags since they are readily available in the US.

I don't know much about the HK417 but there are over 20+ builds of the HK417 around the world. From what G3 kurz has told me, some versions of the HK417 require a stepped up bolt face and fluted chamber in order to run reliably with soft cased commercial brass. G3 kurz said the MR762A1 can run commercial soft cased ammo without the need for a fluted chamber and stepped up bolt face.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Goodmorning

My products are always an improvement, I would never care to do a new offering unless its a significant advantage to what already is availible.
I never copy anyone alse as there is no reason to, there is always needs/room for improvements.

The idea of using Magpul/SR25 mags are not due to availibility but due to the bulk of orignal mags.
They are simply very bulky and there is a number of users who not likes that.

If you look in the catalog you can see the main caracteristics of our interface.
I am sorry I can't answer the question if there is any reesemblence to the XM8 as I never have seen it.
But main intention for my interfaces was for the scopemount so our requirement was NO movement at all when the interface is attached, and we solved that with our conical interfaces.

The weight on the forend is reduced by 1/3, so from 620 gram to 400.

Håkan

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi

Tought you maybe wanna see some finnished results.
Here is production pieces out of the first run.
Regards Håkan

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is upgrade stuff for the 417.
We have switched out the lower and the forend, we have done nothing about the barrel and upper parts.

Håkan

·
Registered
153 Posts
I would however like to know if the is any technical differances betwen 417 and MR308.
Or if anything that works with 417 will also work with MR308?

Regards Håkan
Hi Hakan,

I think there is indeed a civilian market for MR308 lower in Europe, simply because the original HK mags are too expensive. AR10/-15 lower are not considered as "gun parts" by law in Germany, so there may lay a interesting export country. I suggest you to buy a MR308, or at least an upper, so you can check out if your lower works with it.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Is the Spuhr interface similar in concept to the XM8 PCAPs?
Nice looking work Spuhr:
The XM8 PCAP's were holes not platforms like found here. The PCAPs worked on the same lines as the HK 05 hunting rifle mounts where the mount "feet" opened up inside the mounting hole. I called them negative mounting features because unlike most other mounting interface PCAP's did not had weight or material to the rifle/part but is fact reduced it. The HK designed PCAP mount provided superior return to zero capability than the MIL STD 1913 or new NATO rails and with far less to no increased weight. And yes you could add any rail type to the PCAP's thru a simple PCAP's adapter. It makes little sense when you think about it to have full length permanent rails at 3, 6 and 9 o'clock when you onl;y ever use @ 30% of that footprint for mounting. The detachable rail lengths as Spuhr and others are using on the more slimline handgguards or the molded in hard points like on the G36, MP7, UMP, OBRPredator, and SCAR make far more sense. A conventional 4 quad rail system adds @ $300+ to the gun, 1-2 pounds to the weight and puts that weight up front where you really don't want it just so you can mount your vertical foregrip, light, laser and sling stud on the rifle?
One day someone smart will pick up on this idea of negative mounting interface.
G3Kurz

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Hi Hakan,

I think there is indeed a civilian market for MR308 lower in Europe, simply because the original HK mags are too expensive. AR10/-15 lower are not considered as "gun parts" by law in Germany, so there may lay a interesting export country. I suggest you to buy a MR308, or at least an upper, so you can check out if your lower works with it.
Interesting about lowers no being considered gun parts in Germany. In the US, AR type lowers are considered the actual "firearm", are the serial numbered part, and need to be bought from an FFL. We can buy all the uppers we want. Wonder if they would even let these new lowers be imported into the US.

·
Registered
153 Posts
That´s not a question of German laws, it´s a question of US laws. A German company like Oberland Arms, HERA Arms or Dynamic Arms Resarch would likely be very happy to export their products to the USA.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
German Gunner

No this will never be a low cost alternanative.
All parts produced in Sweden and are pretty costly, so the low cost magaziens would not help, and that is not the idea behind the invention either.

G3kurz
Those interfaces are actually negative.
Our normal interfaces are simply 2 m4 holes and two conical rings.
But in this case we chosed to lower the material around the interface as well to lower it even more.
You can see how it normally looks on a few of our other products here.

Håkan

1 - 20 of 44 Posts