HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
HKPro Professional
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone with a certain Fed LE rep in Ashburn. I was told the 417's in 12" and 20" are currently available for agency purchase and the 16" isn't far off. I was quoted $2880 for the 12" and $2990 for the 16". Just figured I'd give you guys a heads up.

Tspeis

·
Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
1,701 Posts
In stock?

·
HKPro Professional
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In stock?

Not sure. I would assume so, but you never know with HK! :rolleyes: We should have the letterhead to fax to them this week, so I'll know when I talk to the rep again. I'll let you know what he says.

·
Registered
63 Posts
How soon before the $5000 uppers are available? :cool:

·
Registered
651 Posts
Are they making any available to PDs that are SA only? Our department will only do the semi-autos except for SWAT team members.

·
HKPRO PRIME MINISTER
1,292 Posts
How soon before the $5000 uppers are available? :cool:

HK 417 uppers will not fit on any AR-10 lower receivers currently being made today...

The upper HK 417 body incorporates a larger thicker receiver channel and body design...

I'm standing by for this one... SOT / C3 ready, set, GOOOOOOOO...

I'm looking at the 20" unit model...

·
HKPro Professional
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Are they making any available to PDs that are SA only? Our department will only do the semi-autos except for SWAT team members.
With this as well, I'll know more when I talk to the rep again. I just briefly spoke with him about pricing. I know HK is going to be offering SA only 417's, I just don't know when. They may be available now, or they may not be.

HK 417 uppers will not fit on any AR-10 lower receivers currently being made today...

The upper HK 417 body incorporates a larger thicker receiver channel and body design...

One problem is that the 417 lowers actually use several parts that are interchangeable with the 416, not typical in your 7.62 AR style weapons. Secondly, the proprietary magazines won't work in any currently manufactured 7.62 lower. For anyone who's interested, there's another manufacturer I've been in contact with in the past who offered to machine a lower receiver to the same specs as the 417 lower if a factory lower could be provided to use as a model. I won't put their name out on here and don't know if they'd still do it, as it was several months ago, but PM me anyway if you're interested.

·
HKPro Professional
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
UPDATE

Slight change on the quoted price. $2895.00 for the 12". $2995.00 for the 16".

The above prices are for standard configuration only. Two stage triggers are available on those models, but also add cost to the advertised price.

12" models will not be available in semi-auto only configurations, only select fire. I know the 20" will be made available in SA only and I'm pretty sure the 16" will be too.

The 12" and 20" should be in stock in the next one to two months. No word on the 16", but I do know they're still further out. 416's are currently in stock.

Turns out we can't fax the letterhead, but have to mail or fedex it because they need the original copy to send to BATF. I'm guessing it will be a few months at the least before we see anything.

Tspeis

·
Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
1,701 Posts
All you have to do is stick an AR-15 selector in there, and you're semi only. Don't wait months for a semi only.

·
Registered
67 Posts
They better hurry and get these out to civilians, because it looks like LWRC is gonna beat them again with the .308 platform. Not only with the release timing, but the specs and features look a lot better also..

Magpul furniture, side charging handle, solid rear receiver ( no suppressor back blast ), etc,,,,

·
HKPro Professional
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
All you have to do is stick an AR-15 selector in there, and you're semi only. Don't wait months for a semi only.
That's probably what we'll end up doing. What I meant was that it'll probably be months before we get the guns. We're getting two of the 12"s and one 16".
They better hurry and get these out to civilians, because it looks like LWRC is gonna beat them again with the .308 platform. Not only with the release timing, but the specs and features look a lot better also...

Magpul furniture, side charging handle, solid rear receiver ( no suppressor back blast )
I think I'll still wait for the 417. The LWRC is a nice platform, and I plan on getting one in 6.8mm SPC, but the 417 has everything I desire in a 7.62mm battle rifle. Remember, good things come to those who wait! ;)

·
Registered
484 Posts
That means the 'civilian' price is gonna be 3k+

·
Registered
63 Posts

Never underestimate:

1) The willingness for someone to substantially overcharge for a product
2) The willingness for someone to pay for that overpriced product.

Capitalism at its finest. :)

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
Never underestimate:

1) The willingness for someone to substantially overcharge for a product
2) The willingness for someone to pay for that overpriced product.

Capitalism at its finest. :)
Never underestimate the greed of men!

·
HKPro Professional
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Word from Ashburn is that 417 dealer samples will be available to order in 4-6 months. Still 1-2 months out on agency 417's.

Tspeis

1 - 18 of 18 Posts