HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Have a 45 Expert that is all but new in the box. Went out and purchased some Hornady Custom 200 Gr XTP ammo. Chambered one round, released the magazine, decocked and tried to clear the chamber and the slide refuses to travel rearward any more than 1/2". Anyone have a similar experience? Am I dealing with ammo issues or gun issues? The slide was cycling perfectly without a round in the chamber...

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Have you tried with any other ammunition. Hornady doesn't have the best reputation around here. Once you do get the round out pull your bbl out of the slide and drop the round in question into the chamber and see if it spins freely.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Yes, it is the Hornady ammo. You have an overlength cartridge stuck in the chamber.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help. Once you gave me the heads up on the possible oversized ammo, I depressed the back of the extractor and the slide released once the extractor "let go" of the back of the cartridge. I pulled the slide off and none of the cartridges spin freely in the chamber. When I chambered a round it "wedged" the cartridge in the chamber and wouldn't allow it to pull the cartridge out.

Any suggestions, I am sure they will be better than the ones given at Sportsman's, for some excellent personal defense ammo??

Thanks again for the great minds available on this forum!!

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Win Ranger sxt (or win pdx which is available at walmart) and federal p45hst1(or 2). Is what I use and carry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts