HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 45C da/sa with manual safety/decocker. When the gun is cleared and I rack the slide setting the hammer all the way back, using the decocker brings the hammer all the way down as it should. But when I load the gun and rack a round into the camber, using the decocker brings the hammer down only about 2/3 of the way down. Is this normal? My P2000SK, 9mm (no manual safety) da/sa with decocker to the left of the hammer, brings the hammer all the way down, round chambered or not. Since I'm not familiar with the 45C, I want to make sure that this is normal and not a defect in it's operation. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
I just purchased a 45C da/sa with manual safety/decocker. When the gun is cleared and I rack the slide setting the hammer all the way back, using the decocker brings the hammer all the way down as it should. But when I load the gun and rack a round into the camber, using the decocker brings the hammer down only about 2/3 of the way down. Is this normal? My P2000SK, 9mm (no manual safety) da/sa with decocker to the left of the hammer, brings the hammer all the way down, round chambered or not. Since I'm not familiar with the 45C, I want to make sure that this is normal and not a defect in it's operation. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
When I decock my HK45c, it always drops to the 'decock' position - no matter what. The hammer never hits the firing pin unless the trigger is pulled and the safety if off. SAFELY take a closer look at what your's is doing.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
That is absolutely normal.

When you use the decocker, the hammer will only stop at the "half cocked" position, regardless of whether the gun is loaded or not. But when you pull the trigger and the hammer drops, the hammer goes back all the way down, resting on the firing pin. You probably pulled the trigger when the gun was unloaded and forgot.

The position is actually coined "half cocked" because the catch is preventing the hammer from striking the firing pin. When you pull the trigger, the catch moves out of the way and not blocking the hammer any longer. This behavior applies to the P-series as well. You probably did not notice when you tried it on your P2000SK. When the P2000SK is empty/unloaded, activating the decocker will not bring the hammer all the way down. It will stop about 1/8 to 1/4 inch from the hammer-down position because, again, of the catch. Try it again and pay close attention to the hammer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I checked my p2000 and it does in fact decock just off the pin. It was very hard to see due to the hammer being more recessed than on the 45c. Love these HK's. Appreciate the accurate info. Sets my mind at ease.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts