HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't get the Hk 45c extended mag release to work with the USP 9mm jet funnel mags with 100% reliability. I have filed down the metal lip per Lukas Koukal's thread and it still intermittantly drops mags usually in the middle of a 3 Gun stage.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/120719-hk-usp-full-size-will-45c-mag-release-work.html

Switched back to the standard USP mag release, 100% reliability (as expected) however I prefer the feel and ease of engagement of the extended release.

Is there anyone out there with the resources and interest to manufacture a hybrid extended release lever with the full width tab for the jet funnel polymer mags? Combine the release lever from the upper with the wide tab from the lower.

photo.JPG

I'm sure there there are a lot of guys out there with JF mags who would jump on the upgrade.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I can't get the Hk 45c extended mag release to work with the USP 9mm jet funnel mags with 100% reliability. I have filed down the metal lip per Lukas Koukal's thread and it still intermittantly drops mags usually in the middle of a 3 Gun stage.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/120719-hk-usp-full-size-will-45c-mag-release-work.html

Switched back to the standard USP mag release, 100% reliability (as expected) however I prefer the feel and ease of engagement of the extended release.

Is there anyone out there with the resources and interest to manufacture a hybrid extended release lever with the full width tab for the jet funnel polymer mags? Combine the release lever from the upper with the wide tab from the lower.

View attachment 7701

I'm sure there there are a lot of guys out there with JF mags who would jump on the upgrade.
+1. I would be second in line behind you for one or two. I had the same problem as you and just gave up and went back to the standard release for my JF's. Luckily for me I picked up a 45 Tac that it works with just fine. Repurposing parts, just another way I justify spending money for more HK's!

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
I've shot 1,350 rounds through my 9mm JF mags with the extended mag release and have yet run into any issues.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same problem and just switched my two 9mm Combat Comp's back to the standard mag release. Mags would drop almost every round when the frame got warm with the 45c release installed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts