1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Ok just got my LEM kit today and I am going to attempt to install it. Wish me luck!! :) I just have one question, and Im a newbie to the LEM kits so bare with me. What do I need to do during the install to keep my safety?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Ok Im stuck on getting the catch & the actuator back in. I am using the original hammer axle because I want to keep the safety. I cannot push the two low enough to line up with the pin hole... What the heck am I doing wrong?????

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok Im stuck on getting the catch & the actuator back in
I don't know the details of doing this with the Safety Lever, but here are a few things to check out.

1- Does the disconnector (furthest right component on the Sear Axle) go down all the way? The notch in the bottom is made to go over the hammer axle (right side of safety lever in your case)
2- The Catch and Sear actuator must fit between the flat spring and hammer assembly. Check that the flat spring isn't pushed too far aft, keeping the parts from being pushed down.
3- If there isn't sufficient room to the right of the hammer assembly, check to see if the Trigger Bar is flat against the right hand side of the frame and the disconnector is pushed against it. I had this happen the first time I installed it. It only took a little manipulation of the trigger bar to push the disconnector far enough to the right for the Catch and Sear Actuator to fit.
4- Check the Sear to see if it is against the left side of the frame. If it has drifted to the right, then the other components will not fit correctly.
5- Check the Hammer Strut. If it isn't inside the groove in the bottom of the LEM Cocking Piece, then it will be somewhere it isn't supposed to be, causing problems.
6- Check that the Hammer is centered in the opening in the back of the frame. If it isn't, then you may have the LEM Cocking Piece Spring off a little or some other component that is keeping you from getting the Catch and Sear Actuator from dropping in.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.