HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a week i will purchase a 45c in either a V1 or V3 simply because those are the only options at my LGS. I plan on converting the gun to a V4 as soon as i get it but don't know if it matters which variant i purchase. I've been told that the V3 is only offered on the tactical model, which as we know cost more than the V1. If it doesn't matter which variant i purchase I'll get the V1 and save the money.

That was a long winded way to ask if i can convert any 45c variant to any other variant by simply purchasing the correct detent plate?

Thanks

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
You will need more than just the detent plate in some cases. You may need a different control lever if you go from one variant to another. The rule of thumb is if you convert an odd-number variant to an even-number variant, you will need a different control lever, for example, going from V1 to V2 (or V4, V6, V10), with the exception of LEM (or V7). This is because the odd-number variants are for right-handed and even are for left-handed shooters.

Going from a V1 to a V3, for example, will need just a V3+4 Detent Plate if you don't care about the markings on the stock V1 control lever.

Refer to the chart below for all configurable variants.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts