HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all!

I was one of the original members of this form. But, I've been out of the game for a pretty good while.

So, please forgive my ignorance. I've tried searching this topic, but haven't had any luck. I am interested in purchasing some five round magazine extenders from hkparts for my full size USP9. I would like to know if any of you could tell me if these negatively affect reliability.

Thank you in advance for your help.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I grabbed some of the +2 or +3 extenders for a VP9SK. They fit great and work fine. The springs in the mags on mine did begin having issues with stopping the slide after the last round was fired. I grabbed some different springs and all is working as expected.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
I have a couple of them for .45.

I haven’t yet been able to put them through enough cycles to consider them for anything other than a range toy. Mostly due to ammunition availability, but also due to lack of time. So far so good I guess.

They do add a nice bit of heft to my pistol, I like that about them. I have red and black, which helps identify the contents. Using them also allows me to keep a few spare mag springs, and baseplates.

I will say though that I have only been able to use them as a +3 extension. I can’t fathom even trying to stuff two more in them

·
Registered
377 Posts
Do these come with a longer mag spring? If not, I would think that reliability would definitely suffer. The springs wouldn't be designed for this length

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Priest of the P7
5,164 Posts
I can’t address those for USP specifically, but I’ve been using a dozen or so of the analogous HK Parts +5 extensions for VP9 for training, 3gun, USPSA and steel challenge for a couple years now without incident.
They’re good to go.

Reactions: mbrando45

·
Registered
P30L P30SK USP45T USP9EX HK45C VP9L VP9 VP9SK
52 Posts
ANY non-OEM part has the potential of being unreliable... I just stick with all HK for piece of mind.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts